CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 09-17-2014, 12:43 AM   #91
Jordan Sparacio

Profile:
Re: Crossfit Tattoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Ritchie View Post
That last attachment had transparency set -- so here it is with a white background.
I think this is an awesome logo for a tattoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Gray View Post
Just read the old thread and it's interesting what different people think of tattoos. For me personally, a tattoo represents a time or person/persons in my life. That time or person doesn't have to be their forever, it or they just have to be important enough that I would like to remember what it felt like for the rest of my life.
Now, I do prefer well done tattoos but even a really crappy tattoo can have lots of meaning and be special. My personal advice, and what I have done and am happy with is to start out by only getting tattoos that can easily be covered with clothing. If you're getting a tattoo for yourself it shouldn't matter much if others see it. After a while if you like living with tattoos start branching out to more visible placements. If it's your first tattoo and you decide to get it on your forearm, ask yourself "do I really want a tattoo or do I want an accessory?" because that's what that is. Avoid fads, avoid brand names/logos but something CrossFit related is totally acceptable if it's a big part of your life and something that you want to be able to look back and remember fondly.
I agree with this. I have 16 tattoos - several very large pieces and some small, some hidden and some very visible. My partner and I are planning on opening our own affiliate soon and we are both getting the logo inked. Not because it's a brand, not thinking about 'what if it fails', or thinking about anything that anyone will think about it. We are getting the logo because it's OURS, our life direction, and what we are building together. Even if it fails, we still did it, and it was a huge part of our lives and personal development. And that's more than most people can say.

As for the idea of wanting to like what it looks like when you're 70, I never really understood that...
1) when I'm 70 I'm pretty sure I'll be more concerned with the state of my body functions than with the tattoos I have,
2) How beautiful do you think YOU'RE going to look when you're 70? At least I'll be more fun to look at haha
and 3) have you seen seniors with tattoos? How awesome are they?? http://news.distractify.com/people/senior-tattoos/?v=1

Last edited by Jordan Sparacio : 09-17-2014 at 01:03 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:29 PM   #92
Beth Hogan

Profile:

Just please, please, PLEASE spell check it. Have two or three people spell check it. Then wait a week. Then have two more people spell check it.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:24 PM   #93
Jordan Sparacio

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Hogan View Post
Just please, please, PLEASE spell check it. Have two or three people spell check it. Then wait a week. Then have two more people spell check it.
Haha I have a piece in Portuguese I had to double and triple check, and I copied and pasted to the guy. He still misspelled it from printing it!
Old 09-23-2014, 02:32 PM   #94
Dare Vodusek

Profile:

Id tatoo something that can be ones life philosophy and I can always look up to it, no matter my age, something like:

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.