CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-18-2013, 07:15 AM   #1
Drew Cloutier

Profile:
Rogue Rack question (infinity vs Monster lite vs Monster)

So I am looking at the R6, because I like the plate storage, the area for squatting, and definitely the westside hole spacing, BUT I like the look and assurance of the Monster/Monster Lite.

So I looked at the available stuff, and an RM6 is to $$ for me, so I thought there might be an RML6, but there appears to only be an RML3, can you get an RML6 and its just not on the website or do they not make them at all?
Old 07-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
Vilan Natanzon

Profile:
Re: Rogue Rack question (infinity vs Monster lite vs Monster)

Rogue 2x3 looks and assures just as well. But Sorinex sells Dark Horse Rack which is 3x3 with plate storage for around $1000.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:23 AM   #3
scott mcmanus

Profile:
Re: Rogue Rack question (infinity vs Monster lite vs Monster)

I have a dark horse rack, and have been nothing but impressed and satisfied.

I don't think I could ever outlift the rack. I don't have mine bolted, but with the weight storage, the rack doesn't move with weighted pullups.

I have the dip bar attachment which is very good. I have heard that rogues 3x3 dip attachment is compatable also.

Mine was the older version without bandpeg holes, which I believe are standard now, so I just choke the bands for band work.

I looked at the rogue and have heard good things, but I am glad I went with the dark horse. Over on BB.com there are lots of write-ups on it. All seem positive.

The add-ons to get in my opinion is the plastic J cup protection, which is a no brainer, dip bar if no other dip option, 1 set of long and 1 set of short extra weight storage pins, and I would think about the straps, or the quick adjust square spotter pins if I had to do it over again.

The hole spacing is 2 inches throughout, which I have never had an issue with being too far apart. I had an old elite fts 2x2 rack with 1 inch through the bench and did not care for it. To be honest though 2x2 steel was plenty, but I sold it for enough to pay for the Dark Horse upgrade.

My $.02