CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 01-01-2008, 02:32 PM   #11
Sarena Kopciel

Profile:
Re: Eugene Allen T-Shirt New Year's Thingie

Eugene, I warn ya, my pal Susie is so friggin awesome and her PU is knocking harder and harder each day! You may just need to get her that Tshirt as your first purchase of2008
Old 01-01-2008, 02:45 PM   #12
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:

Nothing like a good contest with a worthy opponent. It is with renewed vigor and enthusiasm that I will endeavor to kick the good doctor's butt. I am so very good at the visualization, I see myself gracefully pulling up and through the rings but there is some sort of force field, some inpenetrable wall of energy that I encounter at the transition point that mocks me and holds me in place. I have to go to Winco and restock the fuel stores and then I'm going into the gym to defeat that force field.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:14 PM   #13
Susie Rosenberg

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene R. Allen View Post
Nothing like a good contest with a worthy opponent. It is with renewed vigor and enthusiasm that I will endeavor to kick the good doctor's butt. I am so very good at the visualization, I see myself gracefully pulling up and through the rings but there is some sort of force field, some inpenetrable wall of energy that I encounter at the transition point that mocks me and holds me in place. I have to go to Winco and restock the fuel stores and then I'm going into the gym to defeat that force field.
Sheesh, you got one of those anti-anti-grav Evil Forces keeping you down, too? I thought it was an Albany miasma, or something like that.

It's really weird. I go up to the bar with the whole hearted belief that today will be the day...I mean, how hard can it be???? I assault it with active shoulders, I swing my little heart out...but instead of up, up and awayyyyyyy.....I do a very good imitation of a dead fish on a hook. On a good day, I might look like the heavy bag after a good, hard punch or two.

But I ain't givin' up, Eug. No way.

"Mama, I want to swing."

Susie
Old 01-01-2008, 03:19 PM   #14
Susie Rosenberg

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Ackerman View Post
hmmm...help Sue get a pullup her sell an extra T-shirt?
JASON!!!!

Of all the moral dilemmas.....you gonna sell me out for an extra T-shirt sale??? Isn't there some kind of oath you have to take as a trainer? I thought we had a fiduciary relationship!

Susie
Old 01-01-2008, 04:13 PM   #15
Derek Maffett

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Rosenberg View Post
It's really weird. I go up to the bar with the whole hearted belief that today will be the day...I mean, how hard can it be???? I assault it with active shoulders, I swing my little heart out...but instead of up, up and awayyyyyyy.....I do a very good imitation of a dead fish on a hook. On a good day, I might look like the heavy bag after a good, hard punch or two.
Susie
My OAC is so much like that. It's flopping dead fish if I pull from standstill, and kipping I have found is very difficult with one arm.

Even my regular pull-ups suck. Tried to hit 40 consecutive today, but only got 33. A lousy +1 PR.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:54 PM   #16
Sarena Kopciel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Maffett View Post
My OAC is so much like that. It's flopping dead fish if I pull from standstill, and kipping I have found is very difficult with one arm.

Even my regular pull-ups suck. Tried to hit 40 consecutive today, but only got 33. A lousy +1 PR.
Hey Derek you could always trade that one you're not too happy with to Susie. I bet she could make you a deal too!
Old 01-01-2008, 06:01 PM   #17
Derek Maffett

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarena Kopciel View Post
Hey Derek you could always trade that one you're not too happy with to Susie. I bet she could make you a deal too!
I could, but that pull-up would be tainted with my inordinate hatred of all things over 400m. She's better off on her own.