CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 01-28-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
Scott Ries

Profile:
The 2nd Book Is Out For All Who Have Been Asking

www.amazon.com/author/scottjamesries

The second book in the series is a selection of stories after I entered the military at 19 years old and into my twenties. This is a time when many people begin their journey as adults toward what and who they are going to be in life. For me I was perfecting the art of becoming an alcoholic. My major problems with the law started and it wasn't getting any better. I would frequent jail and prison and quickly forget. You see the fact is that most alcoholics, for reasons yet obscure, have lost the power of choice in drink. Our so called will power becomes practically nonexistent. We are unable, at certain times, to bring into our consciousness with sufficient force the memory of the suffering and humiliation of even a week or a month ago. We are without defense against the first drink. I tell these stories to the best of my knowledge and gathered as much information from people involved as I could. It is entirely possible that some stories are not in sequential order but close. Please forgive me if I left something out or was off on the details. They all still have an underlying meaning. I want to remind you that I tell these stories not just for entertainment, but to help you see how foolish I was and how having what I thought was a "good time" consumed and ruined my life. I consistently got myself in trouble and wasted many opportunities while hurting many people on the way. I am sorry to all of you who I selfishly hurt. Sit back and take a trip down memory lane with me and know there is always hope.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
Scott Ries

Profile:
Re: The 2nd Book Is Out For All Who Have Been Asking

For those that are not familiar, I went from felon to posting the best time at Tough Mudder Wisconsin in 2012 at the age of 39.