CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 05-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #11
Robert Callahan

Profile:
Re: Fedor vs. Henderson

Its been rumored that Forrest gets up to 235-240 in between fights, and he is WAY leaner than Fedor. I mean shoot, Forrest at 235 is probably still around 10 BF, just look at the cover of his book and how big/lean he is there. (http://www.mmaconvert.com/2010/06/16...he-apocolypse/ WFS) Fedor is ~230 and probably 15 - 20% BF... he wouldn't even have to lose any lean body mass, just lose the fat and he would be in the 205-220lb range and be sitting pretty for weigh ins.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #12
John A. Smith

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Callahan View Post
Its been rumored that Forrest gets up to 235-240 in between fights, and he is WAY leaner than Fedor. I mean shoot, Forrest at 235 is probably still around 10 BF, just look at the cover of his book and how big/lean he is there. (http://www.mmaconvert.com/2010/06/16...he-apocolypse/ WFS) Fedor is ~230 and probably 15 - 20% BF... he wouldn't even have to lose any lean body mass, just lose the fat and he would be in the 205-220lb range and be sitting pretty for weigh ins.
Then I don't understand why Fedor doesn't just drop down to lhw instead of fighting as a pudgy undersized hw.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:22 PM   #13
Robert Callahan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John A. Smith View Post
Then I don't understand why Fedor doesn't just drop down to lhw instead of fighting as a pudgy undersized hw.
Because he went 30 fights without losing as a pudgy undersized hw... the pressure to cut was never there.

Regardless though, there are a lot of people wondering why he has not cut at this point
Old 05-18-2011, 06:03 PM   #14
Matt Corley

Profile:

Quote:
Its been rumored that Forrest gets up to 235-240 in between fights, and he is WAY leaner than Fedor.
Forrest was actually who I was thinking of. Randy Couture said in an interview while getting ready for a HW fight that he sparred with Forrest a lot b/c he (Forrest) was around 250.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:02 PM   #15
John A. Smith

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John A. Smith View Post
Edit: move down to the lhw division...
Quote:
Because he went 30 fights without losing as a pudgy undersized hw... the pressure to cut was never there.
Good point and reason not to cut.
Quote:
Regardless though, there are a lot of people wondering why he has not cut at this point
Fedor needs to now. I question whether or not he can defeat monstrosities in the heavyweight division such as Bigfoot Silva. The larger heavyweights are not all big, slow Okies from Muskogee. Silva beat the crap out of Fedor. It was painful to watch.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:05 PM   #16
Doug Blankenship

Profile:

Quote:
Having met Forrest numerous times I can assure you in between fights he is easily 240 pounds or higher.