CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 09-28-2018, 01:44 AM   #791
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Friday morning and we are both sore from yesterday. Friday is always partner workout but today with a difference - call it the Random Generator. You know what it sounds like a lot of work just to workout, but it needs to be fun and different . We didn't need to kill ourselfs today

So last night i thought we needed to mess things up and we had no idea what it will be today. It worked like this:

- 25 movements - wrote down on a piece of paper, numbered 1-25
- told the wife to give me 15 numbers at random between 1-25, whatever numbers she chose were the movements going to be used today.
- took those movements and put them in one column.
- Used a random number generator via google to give me 15 numbers, and starting from the top down whatever number popped up was added next to the movement.

So now we are all set... put the numbers/movements in numerical order. So in order now put them into groups of 3, numbers 1,2,3 was one, 4,5,6 and so on.

So now i have 5 groups of 3 movements. So i put my pen next to a group and asked the wife, "AMRAP" or "Can we". She had no idea what the result was.

So after all this this is what the result was:

6min WODS - 3min first movement then 2min second movement and finally 1min for the third movement.

3/2/1min - AMRAP
DB Snatch 16/8kg DBs
Push ups
T2B/K2C

Result = 151 reps
good start, push ups are hard on the wife but we kept moving.

3/2/1min - Can we complete the following:
60 Air squats
30 T2Rings/K2C in rings
20 DB Power Cleans 16/8kgs DBs

Result = yes no problem
On Can We i chose the rep Count for the movements, this was the only thing that was not random today.
So 3min to complete the airsquats, 2min for the T2Rings and 1min the Power Cleans. We had no problem in the time frame and had plenty of rest once we were done each movement as you we could only start on th enext movement once the Clock reached it.

3/2/1min - Can we complete the following:
60 KB swings 20/12kgs
15 squat Cleans 55/25kgs
20 Dead lifts 55/45kgs

Result = yes no problem
Plenty of rest, can go heavier next time

3/2/1min - AMRAP
S2O 40/25kgs
Ski erg Calories
Rope climbs/holds

Result = 117 reps
80 S2O was good and we were pleased with that, 30 seconds sprints on the erg.. 30 calories, i know the rope takes time so we did singles with no rest, 7 in total (wife did 4 rope holds) pleased With that

Thats how far we got today, we did not have time to complete the 5th workout which was a bit of a shame. It took time to set each WOD up today. It was a lot of fun, we both enjoyed it.
I must say from being totally random choices the WODS were actually quite good.

Cool down
Clean up, chat and stretch for 20min

and that was that
Old 09-28-2018, 10:48 AM   #792
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Pumping up the volume are you?
Owner of Crossfitdarkside.com Fran: 2:36 Diane: 2:30 Jackie 5:43 Mary 15+ rounds Helen 6:58
Old 09-28-2018, 12:23 PM   #793
Alex Burden

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic McQuaide View Post
Pumping up the volume are you?
Have to be in shape for when Im 50 Vic.

Currently loving it
Old 09-28-2018, 02:11 PM   #794
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Headed to Arizona for a friends new house warming. Hope to do a reset with a little training. Next week is gang busters for the Wodapolloza qual.

Enjoy the weekend.
Owner of Crossfitdarkside.com Fran: 2:36 Diane: 2:30 Jackie 5:43 Mary 15+ rounds Helen 6:58
Old 10-01-2018, 12:55 AM   #795
Alex Burden

Profile:

Monday morning and feeling tired, neither of us slept any good last night . The wife actually ran 5k on Saterday while i was moving loads of stuff to our summer house.

Plan for today - Squat

Warm up
1km on the rower
warm up up the legs and back to get ready for squat

Squat
2 reps per weight up to 70% of your 1 RM
1 rep per weight from 70% of your 1RM - take it as far as you want.

Wife - 25kgsx2, 35x2, 40x2, then singles at 43, 45, 48, 50, 55, 58, 61kgs/134lbs PR 63kgs/138lbs 2nd PR today

This is the first time in quite a while since we last went heavy on the squat and it has been 3 years since the wife Went 60kgs. At last she hit not 1 but 2 PR's today. From being tired this morning she self strong she said. What she did notice was that when her breathing was correct the weight felt light. I was really pleased for her because she has had problems With her hipflexor for quite some time.

Myself - 40kgx6, 60x4, 70x2, 80, 90, 100kgs/220lbs then singles 100kg, 115, 120, 125, 130kgs/286lbs

Very pleased with today as it has been almost a year since i have gone this heavy. Solid lifts and could have gone a little heavier but i did not see the need for that.

On a good note today.... at last the gym bought 2 new assault bikes and we were ready to break them in

So to finish off things:

3 rounds
10/7 cal AAB
20/40 Du/Su
10/7 cal AAB
5 Burpees

It was great to test the AAB and find out how long it took to hit the mark. 10/7 cals did not take more than 22 seconds for either of us.

Cool down
A good stretch for 20min
Old 10-02-2018, 12:26 AM   #796
Alex Burden

Profile:

Tuesday morning and a little tired but way more fresher than yesterday. The wife would have loved to be able to sleep another hour or so this morning but after 10-15min or so she brightened up . The thing now is that winter is on the way in and and it is dark now when we drive to the gym. We hate the darkness and that is why it is important to take a vacation to the sun during the Winter to re-charge the batteries.

Plan - tough one today.

Warm up
1km on the rower
pipe work
a good amount of general warming up to ensure we are really ready plus warm up With the first WOD of today.

all in all 25min i would say

Plan - no Clock, think pacing, your breaks and keep moving.

4 rounds
5 pull ups/C2B
10 KB box step overs 20/24" - 12/22kgs (26/48lbs) KBs

Pull ups were easy, i did kipping and also tried butterfly, almost there. The hard part was the step overs, the wife went unbroken the 4 rounds and i broke mine up at specific Points, these got the heart rate going.

Clean up - set up next WOD and go

6 rounds
7/10 calories on AAB
1 squat Clean 30/60kgs (66/132lbs)

Full speed on the AAB and strait into the squat Clean, short rest and repeat. Wife did her AAB in around 25 seconds and i did it in around 22.. nice burn in the quads.

Clean up - set up next WOD and go

8 Rounds
5 T2B/K2C
5 DB snatch 12/22kgs (26/48lbs)

This was tough today, T2B/K2C were easy but the snatch got the heart going again. After the third round we took 10-15 second breaks, or should i say i needed it, the wife was more or less ready to go... she was on fire today

Cool down
a good 20min stretch all over, and lots of chatting

both pleased With today.
Old 10-04-2018, 01:02 AM   #797
Alex Burden

Profile:

Thursday morning and feeling quite good, chilly outside today only 3 centigrade BBrrrrrr.

So the plan for today was focus and muscle fatigue.

Warm up
600m jog
1km row
pipe work
extensive back shoulder warm up

all in all 25min i would say

Focus - Rear delts
Super set:
4x8 bent over rear delt flyes
4x8 scarecrows

using 2-5kg plates instead of dumbells

Super set:
4x8 single arm lying rear raises
4x8 face pulls

using 4-7kg DB for the rear raises and a strong resistance band for face pulls. After all this we could feel the rear delts were pumped

To finish it off
8x6 ring rows

Just for fun
So after that i thought we could do something for fun, anything just to increase the heart rate a Little, so we did a few 1min AMRAP Wods but shared the minute.

1 min - U go I go - Singles
Burpees box jump over = 13

1 min - 30 seconds each
Du/Su = 53/80 reps

1 min - U go I go - sets of 10reps
Air squats = 45 reps

1 min - 30 seconds each (on seperate rowers)
row for meters = 175/137 = 312meters

1 min - U go I go - Singles
Medball ground 2 over shoulder 20/40kgs = 18 reps

1 min - U go I go - sets of 5reps
KB swings 12/20kgs = 18 reps

Cool down
stretch for 20min

after that the wife and i went out for breakfast as she is taking a 2 day course and did not start until 10.00 today, so that was nice
Old 10-04-2018, 01:59 PM   #798
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Oh dam that is cold. Its like 26 cel here. Dress warm Alex
Old 10-05-2018, 12:46 AM   #799
Alex Burden

Profile:

Will do Vic, don't want to freeze my cahooners off

Friday morning and feeling quite ok, slept really well but did wake up earlier than usual. No wife today as she has to be at her course earlier today, shame but also means i get to what i want .

Plan - Technique

Warm up
1km on the rower
extensive shoulder warm up
Strict shoulder push presses both front and behind

Techique
Work on my weak spots. Important to do this n the right order so as not to blow myself out.

Wall walks
I did a few of these just to get my body ready for the next stage, shoulders felt good and my position against the wall was solid with my shoulder mobility being good today.

HSPU approach - 15min
So a weak spot of mine has been getting into the vertical position for the HSPU. So my plan was to work on getting vertical and my heels touch the wall first rather than my whole body banging into it. Kept my hands 15" from the wall and stod closer. This forces me to use more vertical force with my legs. Felt good after a while but i did start to get tired. Major improvement so i am pleased with that.

Kipping muscle ups
I have no problem doing them strict but i have always felt that trying the kipping version put a lot of tension on my shoulders and i never want to injure myself. So over time i have worked on grip in the rings with by doing kipping T2rings plus a lot of close grip pull ups with a close grip bar. I Believe i have have eveything that was needed so now it was time.

Set up the rings and got ready to go. Grip the rings and i felt strong holding on, i then start to kip (made sure this was aggressive) and bingo hit it first time . Jumped down and reflected. So i knew what i needed do so now it was just to repeat it. In total i hit 10 really good kipping muscle ups and felt notihng in my lats or shoulders. very pleased with that.

Very pleased with how things went so now it was time to have some fun.

Every 90 seconds until failure add 5kgs every round.
Complete 1 Power C&J (push jerk, not split jerk)

50kgs, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90/198lbs, 95kgs F

Very pleased with the result today. I Power cleaned 95kgs got the damn things above my head but could not stabalise and stand still with it so i dumped it. Rested a few minutes

15 C&J @ 61kgs for time - Result 1.57
not bad considering my shoulders were quite tired.

Cool Down
general stretch for 15min i would say.

Last edited by Alex Burden : 10-05-2018 at 12:57 AM.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:13 AM   #800
Alex Burden

Profile:

Monday morning and all is good. Weekend was great and we have had time to relax. Wife was in a good mood this morning

Plan for today - this is going to suck!!!!

Warm up
60 cals on the rower
light stretch

start to warm up with what was to come.

Plan - 10 rounds - Sled push and then directly sled pull - 18m/54ft
Wife 60kgs/132lbs, myself 80kgs/176lbs

Everything felt fine from the start but after 3 rounds we could start to feel the quads on the pull and the burn increased every round. The last couple of rounds were tough. So basically we pushed the sled to one side of the gym and and then pulled it back, but on the push when you got to the other side you had to put a mark on the wipeboard next to youe name to count your round... on the final round i couldn't be bothered to tick off my 10th rounds and pulled the sled back.... not a good idea.. the wife walked back to the wipeboard and clearly counted and pointed out that there were only 9 rounds next to my name .

She knew i had completed 10 but she pointed out that i told her to also count her rounds, she was only joking and a friend joined in and joked about it... so what do i do... another rep of course, that made her jealous and she also did another round so it became 10+1 .

10 reps x 10 rounds - Medball sit-ups with 4 or 6kg medball. (full extention at the top of the arms)
Wife used 4kgs and i used 4kgs to start and 6kgs the final 4 rounds.

We did this one a bit differently.. it worked like this. Wife held the medball at a height in front of me where i had to be really extend to reach it, she kept this height the whole time. So my first rep i do a normal sit-up on my second rep i grab the medball at the top complete the sit up and put it back into her hands fully extended. So this means 1 without and 1 situp with the medball. The focus is to really extend at the top using your core.

10 rounds - 20 seconds on 10 seconds off - plank holds
no rocket science here, just get it done and keep that body as strait as possible.

Cool down
stretch for 20min

So it did not sound like a lot today but everything was 100% focus on quality. Had a good burn today and it did suck.