CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 11-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
Scott Keech

Profile:
Squat Stands: Rogue vs Pendlay

Hello to all, I am adding a squat stand to my garage and have narrowed it down to the Rogue S-1 or a Pendlay Elite Squat Stand. The dimensions are about the same and perfect for my space so I'm reaching out to anyone with an opinion on either before I pull the trigger. Thanks again for any advise.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
Jeremy Galo

Profile:
Re: Squat Stands: Rogue vs Pendlay

Pretty sure you're gonna get an overwhelming majority of the votes will go to Rogue.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:10 PM   #3
Andrew Bell

Profile:

In this case I'd go with Pendlay. Both are made in the USA, so you can't go wrong there.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
Scott Keech

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Galo View Post
Pretty sure you're gonna get an overwhelming majority of the votes will go to Rogue.
As I have read through the other threads I tend to believe you! But why is that? I haven't read anything negative about Pendlay, I must confess the Rogue does look better to me but that's a purely cosmetic opinion.

Thanks again
Old 11-03-2011, 02:18 PM   #5
Michael Loucas

Profile:

Much better customer service with Rogue. I'm also more inclined to go with them because of a very bad experience I had with Pendlay bumpers a year or a year and a half ago.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:19 PM   #6
Jeremy Galo

Profile:

Being primarily a weightlifter, I love Pendlay's stuff of course. I have nothing bad to say at all and Glenn's a great dude. The only reason I say this is because Rogue has a long standing awesome track record with the crossfit community. EVERYTHING they make is bombproof and they stand behind everything they make with absolutely top notch customer service. I've played with the Rogue stands and they are some heavy duty stands for sure! I don't honestly think you'll be disappointed with either one.

I'm not sure about the Pendlay stands, but with the Rogue, you can get accessories too like plate holders or a dip attachment. Not sure if that mattered to you or not, but I figured I'd throw it out there.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #7
Donald Rice

Profile:

I have the Rogue S-1 in my garage and it is one of my favorite pieces of equipment. It is completely bombproof and has infinite accessories available as your needs expand. I also live near Fort Mill, SC and have sen the Pendlay in their showroom. It is okay, but the Rogue is much more robust and the J-hook system is far superior on the Rogue S-1. Neither will fail on you, but the Rogue is a superior product.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #8
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:

Personally I prefer the Bradshaw squat racks over either. They're welded, not bolted and they're more portable. The width is adjustable. I've seen 'em in use with way over 500 lbs. They are practically the same as the Vulcan racks that Ironmind has been selling forever and is the style that is in use at the US Olympic training center. They're cheaper than the Ironmind, Rogue or Pendlay racks. I've had mine for over 10 years now.

http://www.bwproducts.com/fitness/eq.../racks/r04.htm
Old 11-03-2011, 02:50 PM   #9
Jeremy Galo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln Brigham View Post
Personally I prefer the Bradshaw squat racks over either. They're welded, not bolted and they're more portable. The width is adjustable. I've seen 'em in use with way over 500 lbs. They are practically the same as the Vulcan racks that Ironmind has been selling forever and is the style that is in use at the US Olympic training center. They're cheaper than the Ironmind, Rogue or Pendlay racks. I've had mine for over 10 years now.

http://www.bwproducts.com/fitness/eq.../racks/r04.htm
As an owner of these racks, I can't disagree with what Lincoln said. You really can't go wrong with any of those racks though honestly.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #10
Aaron Gainer

Profile:

I prefer the Rogue s4 squat stands for their portability. Very stable, and wont ruin your bar knurling!