CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 03-30-2011, 04:20 AM   #11
Gary Hodges

Profile:
Re: Hi everyone, First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora Galitz-Pfeffer View Post
Gary, I believe plantains are complex carbs, not unlike bananas or potatoes. I find them easier on the colon than rice. I don't trust rice because it is a grain, and having become gluten intolerant to some degree, I just stay away from it. If for some reason you have to have a grain, if you can tolerate the fiber, steel cut oatmeal is decent, but, in small amounts. What does your doctor say about your diet? Some know more than others, but, I wouldn't mess around with colitis.
Now, you didn't ask, but...about all those pullups and dips - Do you really mean 1000? Even if you're interested in gymnastics, you don't want to risk overdoing anything. Your body's recovery is going heavily towards healing your colon. Even in perfect health, that's sounds like a lot, even in different positions and grips. You still strengthen your lower body, right? Gymnastics movements require strength in the entire body.
We've got some gymnasts who are also pretty well versed in health issues. I'm curious to see what those guys say. Do you read any of the posts in the health and injuries sections of this forum? You might find some good preventative information there. Good luck.
I am very light and the pull ups, push ups and stuff are REALLY easy, I don't ache at all when I do them which is why I do so many. I have always been abnormally strong for someone only 5ft3 and just skin and bones lol. I do lots of work with my legs... I carry my 9 year old step-daughter up giant hills and stairs, I do pistol squats throughout the day and squat with the 50kg weird sandbag thing occasionally. I also do a lot of jumping when I swing about on trees and climb walls etc lol.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:42 AM   #12
Lenora Galitz-Pfeffer

Profile:

OK. You know your own body. Get well.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:42 AM   #13
Lenora Galitz-Pfeffer

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca Roth View Post
This is right, but as they ripen it turns to sucrose. So you wanna eat them while green.
Wow! Thanks!
Old 03-31-2011, 04:01 AM   #14
Gary Hodges

Profile:

I am listening to your advice Lenora and taking it easy with the exercise until I have got my stomach sorted out. I believe I can cure my colitis if I stick to it properly. I have to increase the freshly pressed vegetable juices, especially things like cabbage because of the elusive Vitamin U that it possesses lol.

I went doctors today and found out that I have tonsillitis... I ain't bothered about that though, I have had it thousands of times and said I didn't want the antibiotics as I hate them. I normally get rid of it in a week, after numerous garlic and ginger gargles haha.

Started diet this morning and I am feeling motivated. Thanks guys.
Gary.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:54 PM   #15
Lenora Galitz-Pfeffer

Profile:

I don't know if you can do this, but, gargling with warm water and sea salt may not be a bad idea also. Glad you're going to take it easy till you're on the mend. Feel better!