CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-27-2011, 12:25 PM   #1
Michael Boudart

Profile:
Pure Wickedness

I can't take it anymore. The guilt has worn me down.

While over the last few months I've tried eating as clean as possible, but as a vegetarian, I venture into whey and legumes as protein sources pretty regularly.

But what came over me last night was beyond the pale.

After dinner, my daughter had a 1/2 gallon of Brown Cow ice cream out and I heaped 3-4 huge scoops into a medum-sized bowl and proceeded to head to the couch to watch a little TV - but not before I grabbed 4 Oreo cookies and, with my bare hands, crushed them on top of my generous mounds of ice cream.

For 15 blissful minutes, I enjoyed my coma-like state, half dreaming while spooning heavenly, non-paleo approved, creamy goodness into my pie hole.

I did a brutal training run today - mostly sprints - up hills - almost puking, but the remorse is unrelenting.

What would an appropriate punishment be? I can't go on like this.

Will I ever feel clean again?

Mb

Last edited by Michael Boudart; 03-27-2011 at 12:33 PM..
Old 03-27-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
Lenora Galitz-Pfeffer

Profile:
Re: Pure Wickedness

Just skip the cookies next time. The ice cream gets special dispensation. You might do some strength work to take advantage of the good things ice cream has to offer. I'm sympathetic. Been on a Stewarts Philly Vanilla Binge.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
Joshua Gritton

Profile:

Going forever without some form of a cheat day can be mentally and physically taxing. Today I had my cheat day and don't regret a bit of it it allows me not to stress so much over what I crave during the week because I can look forward to a single day of mild treats to get over them.

Right now I do this every 7-10 days eventually it will be more like 14 days then once a month but it happens. We are all human buddy.

Plus Ice cream is just so effing delicious!!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 12:53 PM   #4
Mike Laroche

Profile:

While my question may be absurd, have you considered eating meat?
Old 03-27-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

I don't see whats wrong with enjoying something for once in your life. I think it's strange how when someone has something that's good they automatically assume it's bad and think of ways to punish themselves. If you get addicted and need it all the time then that's one thing, but having some ice cream once or twice a month is neither here nor there and I personally think is something everyone needs to practice (unless if you don't like it in which case you need help beyond the reach of this forum). Why be overly righteous and destroy yourself? Why be incredibly foolish and die before your time? Avoid all extremes I say. Have some freakin ice cream.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:59 PM   #6
Eric S. Jensen

Profile:

Woah. Calm downits just a little ice cream and some cookies.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:26 PM   #7
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric S. Jensen View Post
Woah. Calm downits just a little ice cream and some cookies.
No joke!

Seriously, feeling like you are, and to the point that you feel the need to "atone" for EATING something, is pretty much the catlyst of disordered eating. In order to create a healthy relationship with your food, guilt free, you have to be able to allow yourself to stay *occasionally* without punishing yourself.

One meal will not destroy your health or training regime, lose the guilt and be proud of yourself for the healthy choice you make for your next meal.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #8
Brian Strump

Profile:

If this is really how you feel, you may want to consider seeing a psychologist. In the much, much bigger picture, there is alot worse things than some ice cream and oreos.

If you think the doctor's visit is too much, eating something that used to have a face always make me feel better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Boudart View Post
I can't take it anymore. The guilt has worn me down.

While over the last few months I've tried eating as clean as possible, but as a vegetarian, I venture into whey and legumes as protein sources pretty regularly.

But what came over me last night was beyond the pale.

After dinner, my daughter had a 1/2 gallon of Brown Cow ice cream out and I heaped 3-4 huge scoops into a medum-sized bowl and proceeded to head to the couch to watch a little TV - but not before I grabbed 4 Oreo cookies and, with my bare hands, crushed them on top of my generous mounds of ice cream.

For 15 blissful minutes, I enjoyed my coma-like state, half dreaming while spooning heavenly, non-paleo approved, creamy goodness into my pie hole.

I did a brutal training run today - mostly sprints - up hills - almost puking, but the remorse is unrelenting.

What would an appropriate punishment be? I can't go on like this.

Will I ever feel clean again?

Mb
Old 03-27-2011, 03:07 PM   #9
Joshua Gritton

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Strump View Post
If this is really how you feel, you may want to consider seeing a psychologist. In the much, much bigger picture, there is alot worse things than some ice cream and oreos.

If you think the doctor's visit is too much, eating something that used to have a face always make me feel better!
Its not very nice to poke fun at other peoples way of life, he is a stated vegetarian and his problem is the animal byproduct nature of the food. So the side comment about food with a face was pretty uncalled for.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #10
Brad S Johnson

Profile:

This is a troll