CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 03-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
Jim De La Cruz

Profile:
Hope this isnt too gross- Hemorroids!

OMG! It all started about 9 days ago. I went to the gym and did my normal workout and had no pain or problems. 1 day later I began feeling some pain between my testes and butt@#$%.. No big deal I just contnued on with my life,, 2 days later,,,,, HOLY SHYT the pain I felt I would not wish that on anyone!

I know this sounds gross but Hemorroids are no JOKE! I have had hernia surgery and can tolerate pain but this damn near brought me to TEARS. I couldnt walk, sit, MOVE. This was 10/10 Crippling PAIN. Like razor blades in your ARSE. It was so bad I had to take the Vicodin that was given to me for my shoulder tear.

Some people live with very minor ones but this one came out of left field. After 2 days in severe pain and 2 bottles of tucks and Prep H I finally mustered up enough balls to go to the Urgent Care. Even the Dr was like Holy Smokes! The sad thing is there not much you can do about it.. She gave me some HX oitment steroids and more vicdon. BTW this Dr was a hot lil asian thing and I was sooooo embarrassed becasue she had to take a gander under the hood!

so finally after about 5 days of severe pain it must of popped because I felt immediate relief. Now I just have to heal.

Please tell me I am not the only guy with this..
Old 03-25-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
David A Muselwhite

Profile:
Re: Hope this isnt too gross- Hemorroids!

Never had that, sounds terrible ouch, but I did have to go through a kidney stone for a week once. Ended in surgery.

DAVID,
Old 03-26-2011, 12:08 PM   #3
Lenora Galitz-Pfeffer

Profile:

Sorry to hear of your pain. This used to be common in weightlifting due to constant bearing down. They were called "piles". I'm going to ask you about your diet, and, (yeah, gotta ask, colon health) Are you eating clean, and including lots of veggies, and some fruit? Do you eat enough good fats, not necessarily nuts and seeds? I'm talking olive oil, avocado, etc. Do you take fish oil supplements? If so, liquid, or caps? How is your hydration?
Old 03-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #4
Mike Laroche

Profile:

It can happen.
I have had some mild ones, got them from coughing really hard with pneumonia years and years ago. My dad had some horrible ones when I was a kid, he had to get them lanced. You are not the only one.
Welcome to the club!