CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 08-21-2010, 04:16 AM   #1
Jon Cowie

Profile:
What can i spend these calories on?

Finally checked what my email kept reminding me when i log in; it comes up with this:

Welcome to Gmail! As of May 3, 2010, Google's email service is changing its name to Gmail in the United Kingdom. From now on, anybody who signs up for a new Gmail account in the UK will get an @gmail.com address instead of @googlemail.com. The good news is that "gmail" is 50% fewer characters than "googlemail," and with so much emailing going on these days, we estimate this name change will save something like 60 million keystrokes a day. At approximately 217 microjoules per keystroke, that's about the energy of 20 bonbons saved every day!

WOW! Bet you're all so jealous! Although i don't often email myself (or anyone else, as shown by the referred date!) and i'm not sure they're all 'my' cals to use... but i can play 'lazy office drone' and just interpret this how i chose can't i? (and i obviously chose maximum junk food intake every time - although this last bit may be kinda true!)
Old 08-21-2010, 10:45 AM   #2
Albert Chang

Profile:
Re: What can i spend these calories on?

Well gmail is how it started, here in the US. You know what's shorter than gmail? gmx.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:38 AM   #3
Jon Cowie

Profile:
Re: What can i spend these calories on?

Damn, we're so innefficient and wasteful here!