CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-08-2009, 03:33 AM   #1
Scott Nixon

Profile:
Style of training or zone?

Hello,

For the last two weeks I have been following the zone plan set out by Greg Amundson in his excellent article 'Diet secrets of a tupperware man'. I train in Muay thai three times a week and work in the WOD into my training pattern when I can. I am 6ft 5ins and weighed 183lbs upon waking this morning, four weeks ago I was 197lbs. I would like not to go under 180lbs and ideally would like to stay around 185lbs to 190lbs. My question is if I am to tweak the zone should I increase my overall blocks to five per meal or just the carbs or the fats? I feel the other reason for the weight lose could be due to the amount and type of training I currently doing.... Any ideas or advice?

Thanks in advance,

Skot
Old 03-08-2009, 04:24 AM   #2
Jaime Steele

Profile:
Re: Style of training or zone?

Up your fats definitely. If you are very active you will lose weight eating normal zone...well i did anyway. Rob Wolf has a good article on it so check it out - 42 ways to skin the zone (something like that).
Old 03-08-2009, 08:32 AM   #3
Scott Nixon

Profile:

Cheers Jamie, I think I can get that article over at Performance Menu. Will give it a read and see how I go. I am happy with the improvement in my performance just want to keep some quality weight on as well. I am already on 8 blocks of fat per meal.

Many thanks
Old 03-08-2009, 09:27 AM   #4
Anthony DiSarro

Profile:

so at 8 blocks fat per meal you're at 2X fat right? if you are still loosing weight go ahead and bump to 3X and see what happens. Greg A. runs like 5X fat but he's a freak...42 ways is very good article. One thing you'll see there is to borrow from Carb intake and add to your fat.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:15 AM   #5
Scott Nixon

Profile:

Thanks for the advice guys. I have read Rob's article and increased my fat intake to at least 16 blocks per meal sometimes more if I can get some quality fat blocks.

Many thanks again Scott