CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 09-13-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
Eileen Schreiber

Profile:
The "Facebook Foodies" do it in public. Because we Rawk

We are the Foodies. If you have read "Chaos and Pain" you know the dude has no respect for us. We have a hard time controlling our urges. We are sugar addicts or salt lovers or binge eaters.

And yet, we are committed in our warped ways to transforming ourselves into nutritionally dialed in, high powered performing athletes who, yes, LOOK EFFIN FANTASTIC.

So, we are going public. Being watched by thousands of people we don't know is great motivation to stick to our plan, whatever it is.

I have started things like this before. People say they will do it, then don't. So if I'm the only one here posting after a few days.. oh well, I want to stick to it.

JOIN US. We are logging on to fitday.com. We are going to post our intake daily - here. We can post pics if we want to.

And yes, discussion, critique, support.. all of it is good.

Most of us are paleo. Some are Zone. Let's have at it!
Old 09-13-2010, 07:34 PM   #2
Eileen Schreiber

Profile:
Re: The "Facebook Foodies" do it in public. Because we Rawk

Since that may not make any sense:

We all have nutritional goals and are having a hard time reaching them, or sticking to the plan.

So we are going to log our food on www.fitday.com (wfs) and post those links here and on facebook (if we are on facebook)

and hopefully have fun, talk about it, stay motivated, maybe argue... and inspire.

rawr.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
Anthony Kasandrinos

Profile:

Stats....(ht/wt/Bf%.....ext) and fitday food logging to begin on Wed
Old 09-13-2010, 09:10 PM   #4
James White

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Kasandrinos View Post
Stats....(ht/wt/Bf%.....ext) and fitday food logging to begin on Wed
So I can eat $hi++y till then?
Old 09-13-2010, 09:41 PM   #5
Anthony Kasandrinos

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James White View Post
So I can eat $hi++y till then?
nah, I have to figure out and adjust my macros since I am going to be changing up my training a little and adding CF Endurance due to running the MC marathon in 6 weeks that I was not planning on doing until this past week.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:09 AM   #6
Eileen Schreiber

Profile:

James.. you can do whatever you want! Pick your start date though and then.. just do it.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:53 AM   #7
Scott Spencer

Profile:

My start date is now. I eat a good Paleo diet except for...cookies! (and other cakes). They say that sugar is as addicting as narcotics. I believe it! i have to go cold turkey and cut them out. I get away with it because my bodyfat stays low but i know it is hurting my WOD times. I'm too ****ing slow. Midatlantic Hopper challenge is Nov. 6-7. Gotta get it in gear.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #8
Amanda Hull

Profile:

I'm in, I've been posting my food on fitday for the last couple of weeks...even though my diet has been terrible! Started on monday...mostly paleo with cheese. I will be cutting out the cheese after today. Last year I was strict paleo with zone proportions for about 9 months and then it fell apart. I'm ready to lean up...again...ugh! Here we go, let's have some FUN!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 04:31 PM   #9
Eileen Schreiber

Profile:

Yes. I do agree sugar is a narcotic. And hello, my name is eileen and i am an addict.

But I've gotten it very much under control since starting CrossFit. I don't eat sugar now.. any.. except for those epic cheat episodes that usually involve chocolate chip cookie dough or chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches to the point of nausea.

Amanda. GREAT to see you! yay! I will start posting my fitday links tomorrow and hopefully we will laugh at ourselves and have fun while we dial all of this in.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #10
Eileen Schreiber

Profile:

Oh. There is a question about privacy. If someone googles us, they can see these posts because they are tagged by our real names.

I'm like.. if people I don't know REALLY want to see what I eat daily.. uh.. go to! We can be like the public crossfit nat geo show...