CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 02-19-2008, 10:00 AM   #1
Brett Andrus

Profile:
A New Movement!?

It's not an official CrossFit movement... yet! But, Sky Ball is my new favorite post WOD game. It's a simple power and coordination training game to

see how many times you can hit the 20' ceiling (of a raquetball court) with a 10# medicine ball consecutively. So, if the ball touches the floor, misses the ceiling, or you pause to regrip, the count stops. My previous PR was 10 and I was shooting for 15 this morning, but only hit 11 after PLENTY of attempts. Try it! You might like it.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:18 PM   #2
Jake Oleander

Profile:
Re: A New Movement!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Andrus View Post
It's not an official CrossFit movement... yet! But, Sky Ball is my new favorite post WOD game. It's a simple power and coordination training game to

see how many times you can hit the 20' ceiling (of a raquetball court) with a 10# medicine ball consecutively. So, if the ball touches the floor, misses the ceiling, or you pause to regrip, the count stops. My previous PR was 10 and I was shooting for 15 this morning, but only hit 11 after PLENTY of attempts. Try it! You might like it.
i do this with a 15# ball, but i think the courts where i do it are higher than 20 feet because i have never reached the ceiling. i do it in sets of 1 rep for max power and dont care catch it on the way down.
very fun.