CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 07-24-2014, 04:48 AM   #21
Mario Beltran

Profile:
Re: 2014 CrossFit Games - call it

Men: Mathew Fraser
Women: Kara Webb
Team: Norcal

wish:
Men: Lucas Parker
Women: Michele Letendre

Last edited by Mario Beltran : 07-24-2014 at 06:38 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:21 PM   #22
Jordan Higgins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Beltran View Post
Men: Mathew Fraser
Women: Kara Webb

wish:
Men: Lucas Parker
Women: Michele Letendre
you actually think Fraser is going to beat Froning. That's hilarious. unless you were posting what you want to happen!
Old 07-24-2014, 05:44 PM   #23
Snir Golan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Higgins View Post
you actually think Fraser is going to beat Froning. That's hilarious. unless you were posting what you want to happen!
while i don't think that he will beat Rich, i do think that its not as hilarious as or crazy as you make it out to be. look at his performance in the Northeast Region and his numbers, yes he is a rookie but the guy is a serious threat.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:37 PM   #24
Jon Hanover

Profile:

Quote:
From what ive seen the crowd really enjoys watching the teams compete. More people can relate to the work outs also.
I'm sure if we were able to look at the viewership from across the world... I'd be willing to bet a few bucks that the individuals have about 50 times more viewers than the masters/team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Scheid View Post
Why in the world would they ever do that?? Just think of the money that it takes to run events for one week.... the Home Depot Center doesn't care how old the competitors are, the just want to get paid.
You're right, they will probably just get rid of it altogether.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:48 PM   #25
Mario Beltran

Profile:

Quote:
Yeah why not. The guy is a beast. Don't know how he runs, but that isn't Rich's strength either. He's got extreme work capacity, his results in similar circumstances were great, he did well in the first two events..., same thing for Scott Panchik. Everyone can state the obvious. Rich might win the Games this year. What if not? Then I might have called the shot
Old 07-25-2014, 12:57 AM   #26
Dare Vodusek

Profile:

While Fraser might be a future champ there is one, very important, thing he lacks this year - experience. Rich is known to also have a plan set in the head.

The games are completely different than the regionals, they will be competing in the same heat now, close to one another which is a completely new world.

Fraser set some impressive times in regionals, but I believe Rich was also ill a bit?

There are still a few wods to be announced, Castro can still spice things around if he chooses wods that will not favor Rich, but if last wods will be similar to last year, Rich is untouchable.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:37 AM   #27
Miles Roberts

Profile:

What WODS don't favor Rich? Running a marathon maybe. But still, unless every unannounced WOD is a long, punishing, endurance event, no one can beat him. Don't get me wrong, I really want Sunday to be exciting, but there won't be a truly exciting Sunday at the Games (regarding men's open winner) until next year. There just aren't any holes in Rich's game.

Even if one of the unannounced WODs is an endurance WOD where a smaller/lighter guy might have some advantage, it won't be enough. The more traditional strength/metcon WODs will still greatly outnumber them.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:51 AM   #28
Andrew Scheid

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Hanover View Post
I'm sure if we were able to look at the viewership from across the world... I'd be willing to bet a few bucks that the individuals have about 50 times more viewers than the masters/team.

You're right, they will probably just get rid of it altogether.
Again, why? They've already got the space for the whole week, why not use it? The sport is growing, people are staying in as they get older, and the "box family" aspect is the core of what crossfit is all about. You don't grow a sport and a culture by cutting off access to it. And viewership doesn't matter either, HQ isn't making their money off of tv rights.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:29 AM   #29
Jon Hanover

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Roberts View Post
What WODS don't favor Rich? Running a marathon maybe. But still, unless every unannounced WOD is a long, punishing, endurance event, no one can beat him. Don't get me wrong, I really want Sunday to be exciting, but there won't be a truly exciting Sunday at the Games (regarding men's open winner) until next year. There just aren't any holes in Rich's game.

Even if one of the unannounced WODs is an endurance WOD where a smaller/lighter guy might have some advantage, it won't be enough. The more traditional strength/metcon WODs will still greatly outnumber them.
Pretty much it. There aren't any holes in Rich's game. He can climb a rope now. He knows how to pace wods to crush his opponents. So much experience and understanding of where his competitors are. I don't think anyone will beat him this year unless he really messes up or gets hurt.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:35 PM   #30
Mario Beltran

Profile:

Quote:
...just sayin'