CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 05-01-2015, 04:15 PM   #1
Charlotte I Psaila

Profile:
Coaching Position on Kauai

I am a box owner on Kauai and looking for a new coach. This position would be for trade for membership first but with the possibility of paid job and taking on more responsibility as we grow.

I'll tell you a little about our box:

We are a newly opened box (Nov 2014). We are growing quickly and looking to add more classes and programs. I myself do most of the coaching and I have 2 other coaches who teach a few times a week. But I would like to concentrate more on the business side. We push people to their edge and help them find their potential but never push past. In my book, I don't care if you got a Deadlift PR if you looked like **** doing it. Our box trains for sustainability. We are extremely focused on community (most CrossFit's are). Everyone at our box is very tight-knit. We are highly involved in the community doing beach clean-ups, fundraisers for local charities, and helping out however we can. This is our main focus. We are a positive box, no drill sergeant type coaching. We correct the faults in movements but celebrate the PR's. We throw parties all the time for our athletes, whatever the occasion. We love to make each and every member feel like family. Our coaches are very involved while coaching, and outside of class.

Coaches must:

-Have L1 CrossFit Cert
-Have at least 1 year experience coaching CrossFit classes of all sizes.
-Be able to offer modifications for all types of athletes and be understanding of limitations.
-Be able to coach at least 3 classes per week in exchange for trade (paid classes possibly offered later if all goes well)
-Be community oriented and willing to be involved in community projects representing our box.
-Not be an uninvolved coach. Coach must be engaged the whole 1 hour class. This means no hanging out, constantly on the phone, zoning out, etc.

Pluses, but not necessary:

-Additional certs (weightlifting, mobility, gymnastics, etc)
-Additional certs outside of CrossFit (TRX, Personal Trainer, MMA, etc)
-Competition experience. (we have a competitive team training for an event)
-Managerial experience within a CrossFit box.

A couple things about Kauai.... It's unlike anywhere else. If I were to see this job opportunity, I would jump on it. We are located in Kapa'a which is the melting pot of Kauai. Central, on the coast, very down to earth and accepting of everyone. This gig can be supplementary to another job since living on Kauai is unfortunately not cheap. But it's paradise, so in my book, its worth it. If you are an active person, who wants to spend lots of time surfing, hiking, being outside, Kauai is perfect. Housing on Kauai can be reasonable if you look. Kapaa is one of the cheaper areas. And you can always camp

I have been coaching and managing CrossFit boxes for over 3 years now and I want to make mine the best on the island. So if you are wanting to jump on board, please email me at charlotte@crossfitkapaa.com. Or check us out on crossfitkapaa.com, on Facebook (CrossFit Kapaa) or instagram (@crossfitkapaa)