CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:57 AM   #1
Natalie Arena

Profile:
Charging out of town affiliates

I know I've seen this post somewhere but I can't find it. I have been getting a number of CrossFitters from out of town. I love their company, of course everyone just clicks. I feel like I shouldn't be charging them since they pay monthly at another affiliate. Any thoughts or directions to another thread?
Old 04-07-2009, 09:03 AM   #2
Randy Tarasevich

Profile:
Re: Charging out of town affiliates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie Arena View Post
I know I've seen this post somewhere but I can't find it. I have been getting a number of CrossFitters from out of town. I love their company, of course everyone just clicks. I feel like I shouldn't be charging them since they pay monthly at another affiliate. Any thoughts or directions to another thread?
I generally don't charge. I accept donations though. Usually I'll ask them to bring a shirt from their affiliate because I love collecting CF tees.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:38 AM   #3
Ryan Hoegner

Profile:

At the affiliate I currently train at they simply ask them to bring a case of water.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:43 AM   #4
Lisbeth Darsh

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie Arena View Post
There was a big discussion on this subject in Comments on the Affiliate Blog at some point in the past. Can't remember the exact date but it would have been last summer -- maybe July or August.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:39 AM   #5
Leonid Soubbotine

Profile:

We don't charge affiliate owners, but charge the athletes. If they show up more than 2 times, Monique usually gives them the 3rd wod free or a t-shirt.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:58 AM   #6
Derek Franks

Profile:

I do quite a bit of travel around the world. I've worked out at a number of affiliates all over the place. I've only ever been charged for a workout once. I was prepared to pay every single time, but more often than not the owner will tell me to put my money away after we're finished with the workout. I've even had some insist on taking me out to eat with them afterwords and showing me around their city. Crossfit affiliates as a whole really seem to be a solid group of people.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:22 AM   #7
Gabriel desGarennes

Profile:

If someone is travelling and wants to come in a few times generally its free here. Altough if theyre in town on business for a week or 2, we will figure out something.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:34 PM   #8
Kevin Wood

Profile:

When I have visitors, they usually buy a t-shirt. That's good enough for me. Although I don't expect anything.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #9
Kevin Cox

Profile:

i travel alot for work through western canada. So far i have only been to 1 affiliate outside my hometown. i dont mind paying to stop in. In a perfect world every affiliate would have t shirts for sale too. I think there are alot of people in the CF community who would like to collect t shirts for the affiliates they have stopped at. I kinda have 2 things i like to do while i am on the road. they are both similar. I would like to visit as many CF affiliates as possible as well as Harley Davidson dealerships. I have been riding bikes longer than i have been CF'ing i have been to dozens of HD's but only 2 CF's. Next week i will be in Red Deer i hope to stop in for a WOD at one of the affiliates there. After that Calgary is on my list. There are 3 affiliates in my hometown(Edmonton) i have only been to one. I feel that if i went to the other 2 just to say i did it might be like cheating on my current affiliate... hahaha.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:12 PM   #10
Neil Khant

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Tarasevich View Post
I generally don't charge. I accept donations though. Usually I'll ask them to bring a shirt from their affiliate because I love collecting CF tees.
Randy, I like this approach. I have not charged a traveler. But I do like the idea of having them bring me a T-Shirt.

I had a member go to another affiliate while traveling. He did not tell me until he got back. I would have given him a t-shirt to give away.