CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 06-26-2006, 05:01 AM   #1
Fiona Muxlow

Profile:
Quick History
Back in 1999 I tore( Grade 2) my Medial Colateral Ligament in my left Knee while grappling. I had a great Physio and successfully rehabed it and i got away without having surgery.

However over the last few weeks it has become more and more unstable, i don't remember rehurting, just woke up on morning and it was sore and now I'm at the point now where im taping it for both Karate and Grappling training.

Anyone have any exercises that can help me get my stability back. Or ideas why it went? The only thing i can think of is becasue i stopped riding my bike,I used to do between 20-40 km a day but haven't done so since last year.
I'm squating basically every day, either air or weighted and acually PR on my snatch this arvo and that doesn't hurt but get me to do a kick from it or change direction quickly and im in pain and my knee hurts for the rest of the day.

I can't get in to see my Physio till next week so any thoughts in the mean time appreciated

Old 06-27-2006, 08:12 AM   #2
Jerimiah Childress

Profile:
The knee can be tricky, and you have discovered what makes it tricky. Most people don't know or don't think about that the knee can have up to 60 degrees of rotation(45 lateral and 15 medial) while flexed to 90 degrees and there is a small amount of rotation during normal motion. Also the joint capsule does not restrict rotation, that is left solely up to connective tissue. Thus enters your problem. It would be too difficult to give you anything to do without seeing you for something like this, so the best I can tell you is to take it easy until you can see your physio, and if you must participate in MA training then wrap very well.