CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 11-05-2004, 01:04 AM   #1
Andrew Gray

Profile:
Starting this weekend I will be having a rugby game almost every saturday for the next few months. This means I have to modify CF a bit to fit my schedule. I can't do any hard workouts on Friday because I need to be rested for Saturday, and I can't do a CF workout on Saturday because that is game day. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on when would be the ideal days for me to do CF workouts.

Right now I am thinking a light recovery workout on Sunday because I am always very sore and beat-up after a game. Then maybe do full WODs Mon-Wed and a light workout on Thursday.

I will also point out that I have practice mon, tues, and thur, which are a pretty good workout as well. I plan on incorporating some Tabata workouts into practice along with some other CF style workouts that don't require any equipment.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:15 PM   #2
Nick Massman

Profile:
Andrew,
I run the boys thru cf workouts 4 days a week (m-th) tweaking them according to overall health of the team. you need to understand that you will not always be fresh even if all you did was cf workouts without rugby.give yourself some slack when it is needed.my current preseason is 5days because the preseason games are scarce and there are alot of guys way out of shape. m-th: cf fri: off sat: game sun: cf beach recovery.my program in a nutshell.this is what we did last year at cal poly and I have added some stuff this year.
Rgs,
Nick
Old 11-08-2004, 10:39 PM   #3
Scott Shafer

Profile:
How about picking the hardest workout of the preceding week and doing it on Sunday, after the Sat game? Kick your a** when it will do you the most good and allow for the greatest recovery. Everything else that next week is gravy, and depends on how you feel. Naturally, take Friday off at a minimum, if you are run down Thursday as well.

What does your in-season practice schedule look like?
Old 11-08-2004, 11:00 PM   #4
Nick Massman

Profile:
4 days per week m-th: Cf/rugby skills short and sharp fri:off sat:game sun:off.When I hammer them it is m-t then w-th is pure rugby skills at speed.a lot of the guys will do steady state efforts to work the kinks out Bike jog row surf paddle.I try and get the guys to spend as much time in the ocean as possible to aid recovery as well.