CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 08-31-2005, 09:18 AM   #1
Daniel Overvoll

Profile:
First, thanks guys for keeping everyone on the site informed of sales, I just got my bar and plates from BFS ordered this week! And my C2 rower yesterday....

I thought this was funny: I saw a Play It Again Sports while visiting my parents yesterday. We were going out to pick up something at the store and I told the lovely wife "Drop me off and I'll take a look while you shop".

Initially, the young sales guy is really trying to help me; looking for anything in particular, here's our weight area, etc.; then I found a C2 in awesome shape for $199.00! I rowed it for 5 minutes, and the sales guy who has now been avoiding me comes over and asks if I have any questions. I ask about the machine: "It's on consignment from a guy. The store gets $100.00 if it sells, and he gets the other $100.00." I ask if the computer works: "I don't know, the owner is getting a battery, and if it works he will mark up the price." I ask if there are any others: "Yeah, we have another one in the back that needs a part." This guy does not seem like he wants to sell me the thing, so I buy it on the spot.

The wife comes in, I show her the C2 and she says: "That's awesome, what a great deal!" (I LOVE THAT GIRL!) As I am checking out, I shake the guy's hand and thank him for his time. He still seems ****ed; he says "Yeah, you got a steal on that thing, it only takes one person to know what what it is, and it's gone." At this point, being a trained investigator, I figure out that the kid really wanted it for himself at that price. Almost felt bad for him, but I'll pay penance with the C2 as I think of him.

Just goes to show that the deals are out there if you just watch and wait.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:02 PM   #2
James Falkner

Profile:
Funny Play It Again Sports moment:

I walk in, and the (really nice) staff comes over and asks if I need any help. "You ever get any used bumper plates?" "what are bumper plates?" "you know. rubber weights designed to be dropped during/after lifts" "oh yes.. no, we never get those in. people who get those are really into what they do and never give them up" "yeah, guess so.. see ya"
Old 09-09-2005, 10:52 AM   #3
Ronnie Ashlock

Profile:
Man, that is a killer price for the C2. Funny how the store clerk couldn't keep a poker face. Can't say I blame him! :-)
Old 09-09-2005, 03:59 PM   #4
Chris Wyant

Profile:
www.craigslist.com = Great place to find steals. I found a guy that lives 20 mins away selling a bench, squat rack, O-Bar and 300lbs in bumper plates for 100$ - saw a C2 for 200$ also.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:52 PM   #5
Ronnie Ashlock

Profile:
Doh. I wish I had thought of that before I ordered mine. :-(
Old 09-09-2005, 09:20 PM   #6
Ryan Abbott

Profile:
I just found this on Craig's list. What kind of battery's do I bring to see if it is worth buying?

Ad:

I have a "classic" concept 2 model A rowing machine for sale. This is the original, and it is in fine working condition. It is in only fair cosmetic condition, however as the last owner kept in on the porch. it has the digital ergometer readout, but the batteries are dead.

I am asking $100 for this concept II. I also have a model C seat top for another $10 if you want it.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:11 AM   #7
Ronnie Ashlock

Profile:
The new ergs use D-batteries. Don't know about the old ones.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:06 PM   #8
Kent Breazeale

Profile:  
The model A originally had a speedometer, maybe they upgraded to a PM1 monitor, which uses (3) type#357 watch batteries. After changing the batteries, you have to reinitalize the monitor:
Press the RESET button.
Keep it depressed while you press the /\ button.
Now release the RESET button.
Then, finally release the/\ button.
If it has the PM2 monitor it uses AA.