CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 11-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #1
Ryan Guevara

Profile:
Fringesport appreciation

Hi folks. I know there is another live thread speaking about the Fringesport and their recent ban. Politics aside, I just wanted to express appreciation and gratitude towards their business.
About 2 months ago, I ordered a Pendlay Bearing Bar from Fringesport with free shipping. The bar came within a week and it was in mint condition. Their barbell packaging was excellent. They use the standard cardboard tube with metal end caps to house the primary barbell packaging...a second thinner cardboard tube with plastic end caps. Definitely explains why the bar was in great condition.
The other companies should take note of this. I did not have to pay tax (California) and shipping with Fringesport.
I received 2 damaged bars from Rogue but their excellent customer service took care of the problem. I love Rogue, but getting damaged bars after paying California tax and UPS ground shipping, is very dissapointing. I have deck out my garage in mostly Rogue gear but I always feel like I'm taking a gamble when ordering a bar from Rogue.
Anyways, that's my 2 cents. Not a political view, but just a simple thanks to those folks at Fringesport.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
Willie McLendon

Profile:
Re: Fringesport appreciation

Alex and Peter are both great guys. I have bought a few items from them in the past and plan to fully furnish my new box with equipment purchased from them.

For those in the Dallas area FringeSport is bringing equipment up to CrossFit Dallas Central for a Black Friday sale from 10-5. I would imagine they will have some pretty good sale prices, and it will be nice to not have to pay any shipping.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
Matthew Malone

Profile:

Nuts - I'll likely be in San Antonio on Friday...clearly I'm moving in the wrong direction if Fringe will be in Dallas that day. Not much on my black Friday CF shopping list beyond a good, sturdy flat bench for the garage gym.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:04 AM   #4
Patrick Weaver

Profile:

Matthew I need the same thing!! Let me know if you come across one you recommend. I am considering the Rogue bench because I know it is really good, but was hoping to stay under $200 just for the bench...
Old 11-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #5
Michael A. Jones

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Weaver View Post
Matthew I need the same thing!! Let me know if you come across one you recommend. I am considering the Rogue bench because I know it is really good, but was hoping to stay under $200 just for the bench...
You and Matthew must be reading my mind.....I've been on the hunt for a solid bench for my garage gym.
Keep us all posted. And, Fringe rocks!! Alex and Peter are class acts, and cannot wait for the Black Friday sales; need some more 45# bumpers

Michael
Old 11-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #6
Patrick Weaver

Profile:

Fringe is awesome. I ordered a set of bumpers from them and I got a phone call less than an hour later from them. They were calling to tell me that they could substitute a particular bumper for a different one and it could ship out THAT SAME DAY or I could wait until they received their shipment of the original kind a few days later. I couldn't believe that they called that fast and was amazed it shipped that same day. Awesome customer service!

I'll be on www.fringesport.com (wfs) Friday!
Old 11-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #7
Joey Allen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Guevara View Post
Hi folks. I know there is another live thread speaking about the Fringesport and their recent ban. Politics aside, I just wanted to express appreciation and gratitude towards their business.
About 2 months ago, I ordered a Pendlay Bearing Bar from Fringesport with free shipping. The bar came within a week and it was in mint condition. Their barbell packaging was excellent. They use the standard cardboard tube with metal end caps to house the primary barbell packaging...a second thinner cardboard tube with plastic end caps. Definitely explains why the bar was in great condition.
The other companies should take note of this. I did not have to pay tax (California) and shipping with Fringesport.
I received 2 damaged bars from Rogue but their excellent customer service took care of the problem. I love Rogue, but getting damaged bars after paying California tax and UPS ground shipping, is very dissapointing. I have deck out my garage in mostly Rogue gear but I always feel like I'm taking a gamble when ordering a bar from Rogue.
Anyways, that's my 2 cents. Not a political view, but just a simple thanks to those folks at Fringesport.
Thanks for the post. Good info there.

Yeah, as much as I love Rogue products, I was a little let down by their bar packaging too. There was nothing around the actual bar or bar ends to protect the finish.

My new Rogue Bar (Black/Silver edition) came with quite a few nicks & scratches though the silver and black finishes. I regret not getting a raw steel bar so I wouldn't have to deal with the finish coming off. Ultimately, the bar functions perfectly (and it's awesome), so I didn't send it back, but it still hurts to drop $300 and have something not arrive in tip-top shape. I only posted this here in hopes that maybe Rogue will read it and starting thinking about taking up new measures to improve their packing of bars. I know I would gladly pay a little extra ($5-15) for a little more protection on the bars.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:37 PM   #8
Willie McLendon

Profile:

Fringe posted up their pick up Black Friday deals on Facebook a little while ago. Looks like some good deals.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #9
Matthew Malone

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael A. Jones View Post
You and Matthew must be reading my mind.....I've been on the hunt for a solid bench for my garage gym.
Keep us all posted. And, Fringe rocks!! Alex and Peter are class acts, and cannot wait for the Black Friday sales; need some more 45# bumpers

Michael
I've been torn between Rogue and Fringe for a flat bench - the Rogue one get excellent reviews, as usual, but I haven't seen anything for Fringe's PowerMax bench. Given Fringe's free shipping, it might be worth giving it a try.

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-fl...lity-bench.php (wfs)

http://www.fringesport.com/products/...-utility-bench (wfs)

Willie - thanks for the heads up re Fringe's facebook page, I'll check it out tonight.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #10
Matthew Malone

Profile:

Anyone in Austin or Dallas take advantage of Fringe's Black Friday sale? Thoughts on price/quality of whatever you bought?