CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 11-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
Michael Ryan James

Profile:
Inov8 bare xf 210

just got these yesterday and i have only worn them once. Not sure just yet how i will like them, but it's also the first truly minimalist footwear i've ever used. for those of you that have them or have knowledge about them, how do you like them? i'm sure they will take a huge amount of getting used to, especially as far as running is concerned. thanks in advance.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
Brian Burns

Profile:
Re: Inov8 bare xf 210

I liked them at first but after a few months I realized they just weren't the right shoe for me. Perhaps they're just to minimal for me, but my legs rejected them like a donated organ. I moved to the Nano 2.0 and I saw an immediate difference in comfort. Not saying these are bad shoes, i was a bit sad when I realized I could stick with them....I do like them a lot and will continue to use them for rope climbs only.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
Michael Ryan James

Profile:

what kind of stuff were you doing when you realized you didn't like them? or was it just an over all feeling for the shoe as a whole? thanks for replying bud!
Old 11-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
Jay Taylor

Profile:

I have the bare x 180 which is pretty much the exact same show without the rubber reinforcements for the rope climb. I love them. I run and WOD in them. I wear my WL shoes if it is a Powerlift or Olympic Lift day.

My only complaint is that the sole does not have much traction on wet surfaces. Running on wet grass is a challenge.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:07 PM   #5
Jeffrey McCarthy

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Burns View Post
I liked them at first but after a few months I realized they just weren't the right shoe for me. Perhaps they're just to minimal for me, but my legs rejected them like a donated organ. I moved to the Nano 2.0 and I saw an immediate difference in comfort. Not saying these are bad shoes, i was a bit sad when I realized I could stick with them....I do like them a lot and will continue to use them for rope climbs only.
funny i had the exact opposite experience. I had the 2.0 and thought the toe box was too wide and the cushioning began to start to cave after about 5 months. I switched the 210's and hate using anything else. I liked that the 210s were so much lighter for box jumps and other similar movements. Ironically, I only wear my 2.0 on rope climb days because I feel the stiffer sole allows me to stand on the rope easier and create a larger surface area to stand on when I climb the rope.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #6
Jeffrey McCarthy

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Taylor View Post
I have the bare x 180 which is pretty much the exact same show without the rubber reinforcements for the rope climb. I love them. I run and WOD in them. I wear my WL shoes if it is a Powerlift or Olympic Lift day.

My only complaint is that the sole does not have much traction on wet surfaces. Running on wet grass is a challenge.
second that on the wet traction. will say too that on sprint days I really love the 210s they seem to force me on the balls of my feet and I feel I can drive harder.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #7
Brian Burns

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey McCarthy View Post
funny i had the exact opposite experience. I had the 2.0 and thought the toe box was too wide and the cushioning began to start to cave after about 5 months. I switched the 210's and hate using anything else. I liked that the 210s were so much lighter for box jumps and other similar movements. Ironically, I only wear my 2.0 on rope climb days because I feel the stiffer sole allows me to stand on the rope easier and create a larger surface area to stand on when I climb the rope.

That is pretty funny that we've had the exact opposite experience. I do still recommend them because they are nice shoes, but you have to have the feet for them.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #8
Brian Burns

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Ryan James View Post
what kind of stuff were you doing when you realized you didn't like them? or was it just an over all feeling for the shoe as a whole? thanks for replying bud!
I was doing everything in them except running more than 800m or heavy lifting. They're a great shoe, but just weren't the right ones for my foot. If my foot was better shaped for them I would still be using them everyday.