CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 10-15-2002, 12:05 AM   #1
David Leys

Profile:  
Hey is any one able to access the C2 rowing records? I can never get the page to be displayed.
Old 10-15-2002, 04:48 AM   #2
Lauren Glassman

Profile:  
Dave,
Thanks for pointing that out. The page should be available now http://crossfit.com/Row.html
Also - I know the page is not updated. Dave can you email me your latest times. admin@crossfit.com
Old 03-26-2003, 09:16 AM   #3
Leonard Becraft

Profile:  
What resistance setting are these althetes using using on the concept2 rower? I have the rower and want to make a direct comparison of times.

Leonard
Old 03-26-2003, 11:03 PM   #4
David Leys

Profile:  
Acually, Leonard I am pretty sure it dosn't really make a difference. The change in the resistance setting is like changing gears on a bike. More resistance is like going into a higher gear with less strokes and vise versa.
Old 03-27-2003, 09:42 AM   #5
David Wood

Profile:

I think David Leys is right. Find the setting (i.e., the "gear") that allows you to maximize *your* power output, and then crank like hell.

For me (short legs, bw 160) that seems to be just about the middle of the range . . . too "heavy" and I get a lot of power per stroke but my stroke rate falls too much, too "light" and I can stroke at a high rate (35-40/min . . . well, that's a high rate for me, anyway) but each stroke doesn't contribute enough wattage.

Generally, comparing among other users of the machine, the bigger and heavier you are, the more you'll prefer the "heavy" setting that makes the most of each individual pull, and vice versa.

As always, YMMV, each cat his own rat, etc.

David Wood