CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
Mat Cote

Profile:
Rubber Flooring in New England Area

Hey Everyone,

Looking for best pricing on flooring for a future spot? 3/8inch non-interlocking mats preferrably. Thanks for the help.

Mat
Old 01-09-2013, 03:55 AM   #2
Kevin Arsenault

Profile:
Re: Rubber Flooring in New England Area

There is a Tractor supply store in Brentwood, NH who sells 4x6 stall mats 3/4" thick for around $39 a piece. I have several and they work great.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:03 AM   #3
Rob Carrillo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Arsenault View Post
There is a Tractor supply store in Brentwood, NH who sells 4x6 stall mats 3/4" thick for around $39 a piece. I have several and they work great.
x2. I've been buying one of these at a time from Tractor Supply for my (in progress) garage gym. I've got two so far, and I plan on getting nine to twelve total.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #4
Dean Chandler

Profile:

Tractor Supply's mats are ok, but a little crude. They vary in dimension which can leave you with gaps between mats and the thicknesses vary. Also, with the pattern on the mat, the barbells can roll if placed on one of the bumps on the surface. 3/8" of rubber is not enough to protect your floor from the demands of CrossFit workouts and its not really any cheaper than the 3/4" surprisingly. In addition, most of the 3/8" mats on the market are a bonded crumb mat vs. revulcanized rubber - see: http://www.matsflooring.com/revulcan...or-fitness.pdf

We have quality 3/4" mats that are computer cut to be straight and square to minimize gapping and are just a couple of dollars more than Tractor Supply's mats. We carry our mats in 20+ warehouses across North America including CT.

See: http://www.horsematsusa.com/crossfit-flooring/. You can reach us at 1-800-720-6287.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #5
John Chan

Profile:

Is your MOQ of $600 strict?
Old 01-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #6
Dean Chandler

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Chan View Post
Is your MOQ of $600 strict?
Yes, it is John. How many mats are you looking for or what area are you looking to cover?
Old 01-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #7
Greg Light

Profile:

Any of those wearehouses in the Detroit area? Approximately how many sq feet does the $600 MOQ cover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Chandler View Post
Tractor Supply's mats are ok, but a little crude. They vary in dimension which can leave you with gaps between mats and the thicknesses vary. Also, with the pattern on the mat, the barbells can roll if placed on one of the bumps on the surface. 3/8" of rubber is not enough to protect your floor from the demands of CrossFit workouts and its not really any cheaper than the 3/4" surprisingly. In addition, most of the 3/8" mats on the market are a bonded crumb mat vs. revulcanized rubber - see: http://www.matsflooring.com/revulcan...or-fitness.pdf

We have quality 3/4" mats that are computer cut to be straight and square to minimize gapping and are just a couple of dollars more than Tractor Supply's mats. We carry our mats in 20+ warehouses across North America including CT.

See: http://www.horsematsusa.com/crossfit-flooring/. You can reach us at 1-800-720-6287.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #8
Dean Chandler

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Light View Post
Any of those wearehouses in the Detroit area? Approximately how many sq feet does the $600 MOQ cover?
We have a warehouse in Toronto, ON and Indianapolis, IN.

360 sqft. is the minimum
Old 01-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #9
Rob Carrillo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Chandler View Post

I did run into the "gap" issue you speak of...wasn't very happy about it either (and I've only laid two so far)! I plan on re-arranging them as necessary, and returning / exchanging any mats that are real bad (they come with a 10 year warranty).

and...the mats from TSC are 3/4" thick and "vulcanized" (or at least the description on the website says they are). looks like they just went down $5 in my area too...woo-hoo! tight budget! hopefully, they'll do the trick!

http://www.tractorsupply.com/rubber-...asedPricingCmd (wfs)
Old 01-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #10
Brian Strump

Profile:

Mats from tractor supply are fine. I've had our for 4 years. Regardless of flooring, if its down with wood, you will get some shifting due to the expansion and contraction of the wood due to the weather.