CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 10-22-2005, 03:16 PM   #1
Kenneth Urakawa

Profile:

First attempts at filming...next time might put the camera a little further away.

This was part of warming up for the 3 Bars of Death workout, so the weights aren't maximal, but the lifts should be pretty representative.

This is the first time I've viewed myself from a third person perspective, and it was immensely helpful to me, but I'd love to have some critiques from the rest of the crowd.

Thanks in advance!

Ken

Apologies on the snatch vid--had some technical problems (inability to turn off the camera) :happy:
Attached Files
File Type: email clean.mov (2.49 MB, 242 views)
Old 10-22-2005, 08:34 PM   #2
Mark Roughton

Profile:
I've only been o-lifting for a few months, but I'll get the ball rolling, FWIW.

Overall, you're looking pretty good -- you're obviously strong and you have good flexibility. The thing that jumps out at me is that you really need to get your butt down at the beginning of the lifts. Drive off the floor with your legs and hips, and keep your back at the same angle until you're at the explode.

I like your catch on the snatch. You want to have that same curve in your back at the beginning of the lifts. Don't bend down to the bar at the beginning, squat to it. (You can probably start the bar a little closer to your legs, too -- make sure the bar is right up against your shins at the start.) You're doing a good job of keeping the bar close to your body on the way up, but it'll be even better when you start in the right position.

I'd like to see you go all the way down with all your catches, but that might just be because you're powering your way through weights you're able to handle pretty easily.

As a side note, you might want to find a way to extend your platform somehow so you have room for a longer leg drive on the jerk. You're right at the edges now; you'll probably want just a little more room when you get a heavier load on the bar.

Good job!
Old 10-23-2005, 07:15 AM   #3
Kenneth Urakawa

Profile:
Yeah, the platform is kind of short, but it's adequate for most things except the split jerk.

I noticed a lot of the same things you did when I watched these yesterday. Anybody who hasn't should get some film of themselves...very humbling but helpful.

Thanks Mark.