CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 01-01-2009, 04:37 PM   #1
William Reese

Profile:
Question Soy Protein Powder and Testosterone Levels

I just recently have committed to the zone diet after many months of pondering whether or not it was right for me. I figured what the hell.. why not.Lets give it a try. I'm going to dive into it. So, I'm going to dedicate myself to it and so far it feels like a part time job.
As a former "body builder type" exerciser, I had read that soy protein will lower your testosterone levels. I understand that this theory is pretty accurate? And does it effect the rate of gains in the gym? I just recently read that the zone diet prefers soy due its little effect on insulin. I'm curious if anyone out there can convince me isolated soy is the way to go?

Last edited by William Reese : 01-01-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:59 PM   #2
Zach S

Profile:
Re: Soy Protein Powder and Testosterone Levels

I think for the most part people will tell you to stay away from soy. I am one of those people, get whey if you need powders otherwise eat meats and eggs for your protein, also dairy if you eat it.