CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 08-02-2010, 01:06 AM   #31
Frits Mansvelt-Beck

Profile:
Re: A Mile of Muscle Ups/ Birthday Challenge

David. You are starting to get it!!. It is all in the placing of your washer and dryer and your choice of music. Fado is important, because it is a beautiful vocal testimony to the human condition with all its sadness about lost opportunities and hope for a better future (in my case a one arm lever; in your case a MU with a 25 lbs vest). Now, about the Trango tower expedition. We will need sponsors. So, as soon as I have mastered how to take off my shirt and casually show off my Zumba quality abs and pecs while leaning on my dryer, I will approach the manufacturers of my w&d to see what they can do for us. You think that you can manage hauling a washer up our planned route? I am sure that something like that will help getting the financial support that we need!!
Old 08-02-2010, 08:19 AM   #32
David Keisler

Profile:

Frits...I've descended 2500 ft. I suppose I'll finish after another mile and a half..that is IF I dont die laughing first.. BUT; your WOD is very clean cut & cerebral...Thanks for introducing me to ..Fado..I just ordered TRANSPARANTE.
Worked on some levers yesterday....but they are pretty static & for now wont help me get to "the end of my rope"....but guess what.?.my pull up bar is in our laundry room too ... so there are possibilities... it looks very heavy though...
Old 08-29-2010, 07:13 AM   #33
David Keisler

Profile:

Today I did 20 rope descents on the 15 foot rope therefore 300 ft total I am now about half way down towards base camp..Naturally to descend 15 ft I first have to climb up 15 ft.. but I am only counting the descent/negative portion...otherwise I would have finished a LONG time ago.....so no quitting now..
Old 08-30-2010, 11:20 AM   #34
Brandon Heitkamp

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Keisler View Post
about 20 yrs ago @ the age of 40 I remember doing 40 pullups in three sets & feeling pretty good about it Well things have changed since crossfit,& now thats not much of a birthday challenge so this year I decided on a mile of MUs .It naturally took a while ,I figure than I move 4 vertical feet for each MU..from below to above the rings @ the top of the lock out..So 5280 divided by 4 equals 1320 total MUs all done as multiples in mini sets of 3 or 5 for a total of 20 daily for66 days so this past Tues I finished my MU mile all about 3 weeks before my 62nd birthday
..What's your birthday challenge?
i have to say congrats that is a heckuva feat! and HELLO FELLOW AIKENITE! we run a gym here near downtown in deodar plantation. give me a hit if u want sometime
Old 08-31-2010, 10:24 AM   #35
David Keisler

Profile:

Thanks Brandon..where are you guys located?I'm note sure form your post
Old 09-13-2010, 04:07 AM   #36
David Keisler

Profile:

So far I have descended 6350 ft....
Old 10-03-2010, 11:59 AM   #37
David Keisler

Profile:

Ok I'm finisher with this 'CHALLENGE"..what started out as a mile of MUs ended up being a "climb" up Everest & back using muscle ups pull ups rope climbs ..ring dips and lastly Karate/MMA side kicks & round house kicks..this am finished with about 1,000 kicks ...down to... finally, "base camp"..ending an 11,000 foot decent..Also it took ten months although I was finished with the "Mile of MUs " before my birthday in April.. next year maybe something less lengthy.
Ok Fritz ..now back to the lever.