CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 12-07-2004, 07:54 AM   #1
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
I like to keep track of stuff. You benefit from this fixation only if you want a way to record your Fight Gone Bad performances. I have created two forms with a variety of exercises in the FGB format. As Pavel likes to say, "Enjoy."

Last edited by Eugene R. Allen : 10-01-2007 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:12 PM   #2
Brian Gibson

Profile:
Thanks Eugene!
Old 12-07-2004, 01:59 PM   #3
Beth Moscov

Profile:
These are nice. I am planning to create something like this for my workouts. Right now I keep all of them in a word document that is getting very long and hard to search through. I haven't decided whether excell or a database program will work better for generating the reports I want. Have you worked with any such thing Eugene?
Old 12-07-2004, 03:28 PM   #4
James R. Climer

Profile:
Excel can be filtered nicely, so the spreadsheet format has some small databasing capabilities.

Access needs more forethought in creation phase but can really be powerful when handling huge amounts of information, whereas the spreadsheet can become cumbersome with large amounts of info.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:02 PM   #5
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
Beth,

Once you understand Excel and the formulas, you can make a database very easily. Access does more and is more sophisticated but might be more than what you are looking for. The forms I made only took a few minutes and it would be very easy to make a spreadsheet where you could enter the numbers and have the math done automatically. Kind of a pain to make the entries during your workout though...do you want to go through the trouble of entering the data later?

I just looked back at your entry...you want to generate reports, I guess you do want to enter the data. Excel is easy and will suit your data collection perfectly.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:02 AM   #6
Brian Gibson

Profile:
I made a small DB with a SQL server back end and a ASP.NET front end to keep track of my WODs. As I decide things I want, I will modify as I need it. Right now though, I can add my WOs and search them via Name and Date. Nothing big, but it works for me.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:07 PM   #7
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
This is the first thread on this board where I could honestly say I have no idea what's going on and what any of you are talking about: "I made a small DB with a SQL server back end and a ASP.NET front end to keep track of my WODs." huh! I used to write my WODs down with paper and pen, now I use that word prossessing thingy. I could cut and paste with the best of them.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:37 PM   #8
Pat Janes

Profile:

LOL...!

This is one of the first "technical" threads I've read where I understand everything that's being said!

I've done much the same as you, Brian; ASP.NET, SQL Server, web pages for viewing/searching etc. And I don't use it...! I still use my simple old Excel spreadsheet.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:09 AM   #9
Brian Gibson

Profile:
:happy: That's cool, Pat. I enjoy that kind of thing.

Larry,

Sorry about that. I wasn't trying to be hard to understand, I just wasn't thinking. The database and SQL server I was referring to works on the "back end". That being behind the scenes. You don't see it. The ASP.NET "front end" I was talking about is what you interact with. Open up Internet Explorer and that is how you access the front end. That is where you input the information and type in the search criteria.