CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 12-02-2010, 05:26 AM   #1
Piyush Aggarwala

Profile:
Pulled Groin muscle

Hi,

While running, I pulled my groin muscle. I haven't been crossfitting for a few months now and I wasn't sure if it makes sense for me to consider crossfit to keep my fitness levels or just do a (swimming/yoga) combination recovery program.

Thoughts?
Old 12-02-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
Brent Sallee

Profile:
Re: Pulled Groin muscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Aggarwala View Post
Hi,

While running, I pulled my groin muscle. I haven't been crossfitting for a few months now and I wasn't sure if it makes sense for me to consider crossfit to keep my fitness levels or just do a (swimming/yoga) combination recovery program.

Thoughts?
It's a bit difficult to do CrossFit without legs, but you can focus on upper body stuff and slowly rehab your strained adductor. Remember to start slow and scale, especially if you've been away for a bit.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
Steven Low

Profile:

FOcus on weaknesses and obviously parts of the body not injured during rehab work.

What are you doing for rehab? This may help wfs
http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/0...uscle-strains/

Otherwise, work back into things slow like Brent said
Old 12-04-2010, 03:20 PM   #4
Meghan Reid

Profile:

Does it only hurt with your knees out? I yanked my adductor in the spring and spent about 2 months just doing deadlifts and presses as my strength and modifying short metcons as I was able. Conventional deads never bothered my bad adductor. If you can swing it, I would do as many strength things as you're able. No reason to lose your strength gains if you don't need to.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #5
Lenora Galitz-Pfeffer

Profile:

I may have pulled an adductor - again! Thanks, Steve Low for you article in eat move improve. Great info on all sorts of muscle strains.

I have not been stretching as frequently as I was in the past, which, probably set me up for a possible strain. I feel a tight ropiness in the left, at the top of the leg. I don't know if it's a tendon, or muscle, or both. I felt it yesterday, sitting on the couch, with my legs held tightly to avoid a few small children. We were watching the Superbowl. I also tensed up walking on ice, and up and down some stairs.
Last night, when I got home, I felt a sharp pain which may be an adductor, or tendon. I haven't worked out with weights since Thursday. I didn't think I over did it. I did 5 sets of 5 back squats, and 1 set of 5 deadlifts.

I have a fairly wide squat stance, but, if something goes wrong with the leg or groin, I usually feel it immediately. I don't have a vid of my squats.

I am seeing my Chiro today, and Massage Therapist tomorrow. Hopefully this will get worked out quickly and easily. Does this sound like tendonitis? I didn't think I was over-doing. it. Thanks!
Old 02-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #6
Steven Low

Profile:

Tendonitis is usually slow onset overuse so unlikely

Probably muscle cramp or strain-ish variety
Old 02-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #7
Lenora Galitz-Pfeffer

Profile:

Thanks, Steve. Chiro thought it was in the muscle attachment. Not a big thing. Hopefully, I'm resting very early. Getting Myofacial tomorrow. Resting it, with a little movement and stretching tomorrow.