CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
Jeff Enge

Profile:
Question about L1

Looking into getting my L1 sometime in the near future, but there is nothing closer than 6 hours from where I am, which of course would neccessitate getting a hotel room. This is a total shot in the dark, but does CF reserve a block of rooms for attendees or anything like that?
Old 01-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
Mikko Aaltonen

Profile:
Re: Question about L1

My best advice is to contact the hosting affiliate, they should know best.. I got plenty of emails from people attending our L1 seminars, and I'm more than happy to help out
Old 01-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #3
Robert Fabsik

Profile:

where are you going to get your cert at?
Old 01-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
Tim Geiman

Profile:

I lived in Arizona and got my cert in San Diego. It was a fun way to meet new people and get fresh ideas from another area. I think the host affiliate reserves rooms or can help you get a room if you can't find one. Good luck and make sure to keep the contacts you get at your cert. My biggest regret was not keeping up with the others I went through it with.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #5
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

Jeff,
There are usually 2-3 L1 certs hosted at my gym in the STL area a year, though they sell out pretty quickly. Feb 16-17 looks like the next one.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca Roth View Post
Jeff,
There are usually 2-3 L1 certs hosted at my gym in the STL area a year, though they sell out pretty quickly. Feb 16-17 looks like the next one.
You're at TNT? Would you be able to let me know when the next one is? The Feb one appears to be all sold out.

I was looking at the one at Rogue in March, just because, but scrapped that idea. There must be something going on that weekend at tOSU because all the hotels were booked.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #7
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post
You're at TNT? Would you be able to let me know when the next one is? The Feb one appears to be all sold out.

I was looking at the one at Rogue in March, just because, but scrapped that idea. There must be something going on that weekend at tOSU because all the hotels were booked.
The Arnold is going on the weekend of the 2nd...maybe that?
Old 01-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post

I can certainly ask, they seem to be becoming more frequent so it's a bit unpredictable, however the gym has hosted one in september the past 3 years, so at latest you can probably count on one around that time of year.

Also, one of our coaches went to Rogue for her cert last year actually, and loved the experience.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:07 PM   #9
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

Jeff - Looks like CFFB Cert is upcoming in March, but no L1s on the schedule yet.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:18 PM   #10
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Thanks for the update, Rebecca! I feel like CFFB would be a little unnecessary for me, as I don't follow it at all myself.