CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 05-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
El Jacob

Profile:
Rogue Monster Lite Squat Stand VS S-1

Hey All,
I've been debating on what squat stand to buy from Rogue and was initially gonna go with the Echo Squat stand, but realized you couldn't add the spotter arms. Since I'm gonna be benching in my garage, etc. I want the spotter arms. I then checked out the S-1 and the SML-1. Does anyone know the differences here? Obviously the S-1 is $20 cheaper, and it's 2x3 vs 3x3... Anyone have any experience with the SML-1? Thanks!!!
Old 05-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
Mat Murphy

Profile:
Re: Rogue Monster Lite Squat Stand VS S-1

I've got the S-1 and it's plenty strong enough. The other thing to think about is the monster attachments are all more expensive. Total with the spotter arms it's $50 more than the S-1
Old 05-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #3
El Jacob

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat Murphy View Post
I've got the S-1 and it's plenty strong enough. The other thing to think about is the monster attachments are all more expensive. Total with the spotter arms it's $50 more than the S-1
Mat,
What attachments have you used with the S-1? It looks like there aren't a whole lot of options unless you bump up to the S-2... but i've already got a kick a** ceiling mounted pull up bar.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #4
Chris Diamont

Profile:

I have an S-1 and love it. I also have ceiling mounted pull-up bar so no need for the S-2. Very limited attachments for S-1 though which I don't like. I want an R-3 eventually and will convert my S-1 into a yoke!
Old 05-27-2013, 12:07 AM   #5
Jason Ippolito

Profile:

I was recently comparing these two stands and ended up ordering the R3 rack. My suggestion is for you to do the same, cause in the long run you'll get more use out of it and it will take all the attachments. I know, $480 or $695, a $215 dollar difference but I think you will be happier in the end.

buy once, cry once
Old 05-27-2013, 07:44 AM   #6
Mat Murphy

Profile:

I haven't done it yet, but I've been planning on getting the yoke kit. Adding the yoke crossmember would stabilize it enough to use any of the attachments the S-2 has. Jason is right though; if you can do it, get the R-3. You'll be happier with it in the long run