CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 04-18-2006, 11:26 AM   #1
Ralph R Mendoza

Profile:  
Since the Los Angeles Times article came out last week, I have been very intrigued by Crossfit. As someone who has been very bored with my traditonal workout routine for a few years now ( cardio days, upper body days, lower body days doing traditonal weight training exercises.) I recently began doing a combination medicine ball, plyometric, flexibility and core exercise program that has worked for me. However something was missing. I think what has been missing the last couple of months was a program to push me to be the best possibly fit that I could become. Crossfit seems to be it.

I also like the fact that worldwide there seems to be a positive, caring community here. I don't see that much elsewhere where posters seem to turn mean and nasty when someone posts a comment they do not agree with. On a personal note I think this might be the thing to keep myself healthy and focused as I begin going through the process of seperation and divorce after what I thought was a happy and fulfilling 12 year marriage.

Old 04-18-2006, 07:38 PM   #2
Mike Neill

Profile:
Ralph, I'm new here too. I can't say anything about splitting the sheets but I do predict membership in this cult will cure your workout boredom.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:30 PM   #3
Peter Queen

Profile:
Welcome Ralph & Mike. Just keep posting any questions you have and we will do what we can to help. Read the various areas on Nutrition, Exercise, WODs to name a few. This community will definately keep you motivated.