CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 04-23-2004, 11:28 AM   #1
Barry Cooper

Profile:
Sad story: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=3&u=/ap/20040423/ap_on_sp_ fo_ne/fbn_afghan_nfl_player_7

Also, for anyone who hasn't heard, Scott Helvenston--who put out several Navy Seal fitness tapes--was one of the four guys ambushed in Falluja. What they did was sacrilege according to Islam itself. They can't even follow their own damn religion. That's unfortunately common across all religions, but I think it allows the clear thought that we're not dealing with religious extremists; we're dealing with sociopaths and opportunists who will only stop when they're dead.

In any event, I do believe in prayer, so say a prayer for each of these guys, and for all the other people who have fallen and will fall in the service of our country. The greatest country in the history of the world.
Old 04-23-2004, 11:51 AM   #2
Kevin Okerlund

Profile:
Many thanks for those who fight for our continued freedom and safety. I also send out prayers for the Pat Tillman family. Heres a guy who gave up fame and fortune in the NFL because there were greater battles to fight. He paid the ultimate price in Afghanistan last night.
Old 04-23-2004, 02:47 PM   #3
Joe Felix

Profile:  
The sacrifices that people in the service make are seemingly unbearable at times. One can only find solice in the fact that they lived their lives with the courage to fight for their beliefs. My thoughts, prayers and respect are with the families of all who have served so bravely.