CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 07-06-2013, 06:00 AM   #1
John R Hartman

Profile:
Pain in upper outside shoulder

A few weeks ago after waking up i noticed a lil bit of a twinge in my upper outside should extending down the outside of my arm down to my elbow. The pain in about a 3/10 and for everday not weight bearing activities i have zero issue, mainly when going overhead with weight, I performed overhead squats the other day and it seemed to cause more pain esp if i didn't focus on holding and having active shoulders. With zero weight I have zero to maybe a 2 currently for pain and it is mild and dull, I have full ROM in this situation, any pain I do have now seems to be focused in the upper tricep area. I am assuming that this is probably a muscle strain increase by sleeping on it poorly and not giving it full rehab. A friend who really has zero medical knowledge and I probably shouldn't have listen to says I tore my rotator cuff, which now has me thinking about it. I haven't done the google search yet cause I know how that usually ends up. Just wanted some input from the CF community.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
Sean Rockett

Profile:
Re: Pain in upper outside shoulder

Can be a bunch of things. If you are young cuff tear unlikely. Tendonitis from overuse more common. As long as neck is ok unlikely referred pain. If not better get checked out.