CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 05-17-2007, 02:48 AM   #1
Chris Stowe

Profile:
I just wanted to take a minute and publicly thank Jon Gilson from Again Faster Equipment for a few things. I have been working with him to try and get a decent compliment of equipment for use in my units PT program. (active duty Marine) Not only from the onset of talking with Jon was he professional and curteous, he was also extremely knowledgable and helpful in helping me select the best amounts/equipment to workout the 5 guys in my unit that work for me. He was tireless in his assistance, even overly accomidating when it came to dealing with the challenges of doing a purchase with Marine Corps dollars, when his business wasnt even setup to conveniantly process the transaction the way the Marine Corps does it. The entire process left me EXTREMELY impressed with Jon, and Again Faster Equipment. The reason that I am posting this here is that I just want everyone to know that this community puts so many good people in contact with other good people, that nothing but good things can result from the meetings. Thank you Jon, for all your hard work, and dedication, and I cant WAIT to get my guys into our new "gym" (the back part of our new Supply room, and get everything set up. I will post before and after pics to the site if I can figure out how to do it when we get everything in. Then "Crossfit Dynamic Entry" will be up and running. Special thanks to the Crossfit message board, which without the board, I never would have found Jon, and his great equipment company. Thanks again, and have a good workout today, everyone!
Old 05-17-2007, 04:15 AM   #2
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
Jon answered a lot of our questions about designing a custom chinup bar - even went so far as to draw a diagram and estimate material costs!

Very impressive service.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:21 AM   #3
Jay Cohen

Profile:
CF + Community + Good people = Karma

Jay
Old 05-17-2007, 11:44 AM   #4
Will Lennon

Profile:
Chris,

I would love to know what you are doing for you gym and how much $$$ it cost. My CO is pretty user friendly to CrossFit and have been "making" our own equipment up to this point. Time to start buying stuff.

Will
Old 05-17-2007, 08:22 PM   #5
Ron Haskins

Profile:
This probably belongs in another subject but Jon has once again out done himself for East Fork Fire and I. Not only has he worked with us on the equipment end of the establishment of our program, he authored a CrossFit Journal article featuring our program (May, 2007) and now has gone to a new level and provided me with some valuable input on how to improve and implement the training program.

Again, thanks Jon for all your help.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:07 AM   #6
Chris Stowe

Profile:
Will,

Send me a private message, as your account does not accept them, and I will talk to you more indepth about what I am getting, and how we are setting it up, and how I got our unit to buy off on it. Next stop, training certs!!!