CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 12-30-2002, 11:16 PM   #1
Ari Vuorte

Profile:

In archive there is lot of WOD's how many of those
you should pick for a weekly training? I'm doing Krav Maga three or two times a week mostly fridays and sundays sometimes tuesdays.
I'm afraid that you would overtrain easily with these workouts so I'm wondering how many WOD's would ideal in weekly training and should WOD's be done consecutive days or rest between??
Old 12-31-2002, 01:12 AM   #2
David Leys

Profile:  
I would first suggest that you just try to follow the most current WODs as well as you possibly can. It's a 3 day on 1 day off sequence. I assume that Coach designed it that way with good reason regarding work and rest periods. However, if you frefer to pick through the archives, you could do it as much as 7 days a week if your heart desires. To answer you question about overtraining, you need to listen to your body. You could be sore after just a day or two, so you should lighten up the load and intensity in your workout depending on where you are sore on your body. You could go as far as just going through the motions of the workout or excercises. This may seem like a waste of time but you are still getting alot of benifit through the practice of these movements.