CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 06-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
Amy Moss

Profile:
Hello :)

I've been lurking for a few weeks and thought I'd introduce myself. My husband and I started CF at the beginning of this month. We join some friends of ours at their home gym who have been crossfitting for some time now. I'm loving cf so far and can't wait to see what I can do a year from now! I have two children under the age of three and am trying to get my body back. I'm already in better shape than I was before getting pregnant, but would still like to be stronger and healthier.

Stats: 24 years old. I played softball in high school and was on a recreational volleyball team in college. I was trying out running until I injured my knee last year. 5'7" tall. 135 pounds. I don't have calipers, but according to the "measurement guidelines" I'm around 24% body fat. Not sure that's right though, as my legs are all muscle. (Had a knee injury due to running late last year and was in therapy for several months. Therapy will add muscle fast!) We've been eating clean for the last year and eat organic whenever possible. All organic grass fed meat and free range chicken. We've just recently cut out grains in addition to our no dairy diet (our son has an intolerance).

Anyway. With the exception of the couple we work out with, everyone around here things I'm crazy for wanting to build muscle and actually have a defined body rather than a skinny one. So I read the forums to cheer me up and motivate me to keep going. I'd love to one day compete in a regional crossfit game as well.

Nice to meet you all.

ETA: I also do yoga nightly (helps me relax) and we bike ride 3-4x a week (between 5-8 miles each time). We also just signed up for the USMC Mud Run in October.

Last edited by Amy Moss; 06-23-2012 at 02:07 PM..
Old 06-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #2
Paulo Santos

Profile:
Re: Hello :)

Welcome. Good luck with your goals.