CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-08-2007, 12:12 PM   #11
Clay Johnson

Profile:
I could not find a good link for Hi-Temp for the one I have bookmarked has been "down for construction" for awhile now. Is there a new one?
Old 01-08-2007, 12:54 PM   #12
Matthew Nielsen

Profile:
After 4 weeks, I'd look elsewhere...
Old 01-08-2007, 02:40 PM   #13
Tim Triche, Jr.

Profile:
Taking 4 weeks to fill an order is not cool at all, and does not match my experience with Hi-Temp. If the plates have not yet shipped after 4 weeks, I would suggest that you place a hold on the payment and take your business elsewhere.

Please note that I say this as a very satisfied Hi-Temp customer. My experience, however, is just one data point. Perhaps something has changed and they are no longer able to keep up with demand. Their product is excellent and durable, but this is no way to treat a customer, and if you find suitable product elsewhere, I would urge you to speak with your wallet.

As you said, one last chance, and then it's time to go elsewhere.

I have been very pleased with my Hi-Temp plates and my experience with their shipping and service mirrors that reported by other people. If things work out, perhaps they will be able to explain why on earth your order fell through the cracks.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:43 PM   #14
Tim Triche, Jr.

Profile:
One other thing I forgot to mention -- Glenn Pendlay's bumper sets are, I believe, sourced from Hi-Temp. You might want to try contacting him, both as an alternate supplier, and for information regarding Hi-Temp's recent delivery performance.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:37 PM   #15
John McEneany

Profile:
I did receive my bumpers from Hi-Temp today. Delivered by a huge UPS tractor trailer and very well packaged. The bumpers are excellent and exactly match the pair of 15kg Champiom bumpers I already owned. I had ordered 4 x 20k and 2 x 10kg.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:01 PM   #16
Glenn Pendlay

Profile:
I had a conversation with the ownner of Hi-Temp today. Its no secret that lately they have been shipping a lot of stuff late, and several oders that I had sourced from them are also pretty late shipping out.

It seems there are a couple of factors at work,

1.)they are shorthanded because of at least one employee quitting and hiring new people who might not be fully trained yet.

2.) They shut down production for a while over the holidays and havnt been able to catch up.

3.) The owner wasnt aware of the extent of the delay. He did not know that some stuff was waiting several weeks before being shipped. He knows now, and has assured me that he will make sure they get back up to speed ASAP and put top priority on getting everyones weights out.

These seem like really nice people to me. I know 3-4 weeks is a long time to wait, but I hope anyone waiting can understand, sometimes things get behind or sometimes there is a problem that the right people dont really know about untill it is brought to their attention.