CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 01-03-2008, 01:59 PM   #11
Patrick Donnelly

Profile:
Re: More Spartan buzz

There's no ****ing way it can be worse than Alien vs. Predator: Requiem. That **** was awful.

Yet I enjoyed it. Hahah.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:01 PM   #12
Leon Robotham

Profile:

Now now fella's what's with all this punching in the face? hehehe

Tell you what though, my sense of humour must be sh*t cos i've just laughed my back off at that!
Old 01-03-2008, 06:11 PM   #13
James Falkner

Profile:

That movie looks pretty sweet, but parody movies that concentrate on a single "real" movie usually fail (Spaceballs being one glaring exception, but they had several movies to draw from). I bet the trailer is as funny as the whole movie, unless they riff on other movies of that genre. Maybe a little gladiator, troy, etc jokes are in there.

I'm gonna see it though. Maybe after its out on "video".
Old 01-03-2008, 09:34 PM   #14
Travis Loest

Profile:

That was funny to me. Probably because my company has adopted the nickname "Spartans" the only problem is we're an Army recruiting company in southern fl. Not a lot of Persians around here other than rugs, and there's about 1 in 10 that could pull off the outfit. Not alot of really in shape people, unless you count round as a shape. The job is not conducive to good physical training habits, but some of these people really make no effort at all. We are definitly more "Meet the Spartans" than the "300" Spartans. It's fairly disappointing, and laughable to be here. Ok, I'm done, (getting down off the soap box)
Old 01-05-2008, 09:37 PM   #15
Ben Chapman

Profile:

I thought it was funny when they chest-kick britney into the pit, cuz who doesn't want to do that?

I don't really agree that there was overacting in 300. Alot of things in the movie were really over the top, but that was what they were going for. It was a movie off of a comic book (scuse me; Graphic novel) it is supposed to be highly romanticized, exaggerated and hypermasculine; not neccesarily accurate (which it certainly was not). What would be overacting anywhere else was completely called for in 300.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:39 PM   #16
James Falkner

Profile:

Good post, ben. It's not like they were trying to be ultra-realistic. Leave that to movies like 9-11, etc. This movie (the original 300) was all about over-the-top drama.

Last edited by James Falkner : 01-05-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:05 PM   #17
Nick Amato

Profile:

I know it's early and I don't want to jinx anything, but with names like Sorbo, Electra, and Method-Man, I'm thinking it should get a couple looks come Oscar time.

Hate to say it, but these "spoof" movies seem to be rather profitable. Take Epic Movie for example. Haven't seen it myself but haven't read or heard one positive review. According to a site with box office numbers it grossed around $87 million worldwide, an additional $25 million in rentals, and $10 million in US DVD sales. Not bad considering it cost $14 million to make.