CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-15-2011, 08:30 PM   #1
Sean Glidden

Profile:
Selling my garage gym, anyone in/near the OC need equipment?

I regretfully post this selling my entire garage gym. The reason is because of a recent diagnosis of my knee pain being a lack of cartilage left in my knee and with 2 surgeries, and 4 cycles of physical therapy behind me being only 20 years old I hate to admit it but I cant keep this up. Crossfit has been such a wonderful thing in my life for the year that I was able to do it but it has proven too strenuous on my knee to continue. While I will continue to use Crossfit mentality and philosophy in my workouts, I will no longer be able to use pretty much all of my home gym equipment (the doctor said no more stressful or heavy impact activities, so no big lifts, oly lifts, squats, wall ball, etc.). But enough about my sad life, my purpose in this post is to put my equipment up for sale. I've got pretty much anything and everything you could need if your considering setting up a garage gym or if you run an affiliate in or near orange county and just need some extra equipment. I got all of this stuff back in march and I've spent half the time since then finishing up a semester of college in San Diego so it is all quite new and has seen little use. I figured I'd offer it to the community before I put this stuff up on craigslist. I'll consider offers but I think the prices are pretty fair considering how little use the equipment has all seen, feel free to make me an offer though. I've already accepted the fact that I'm going to lose a few hundred bucks on all this, I'm not out to rip anyone off I just want to get some of my money back, my home gym was a huge investment for me, please understand. Here's a list of the equipment and asking prices.

I researched all the equipment I bought before hand, it's all reliable and good value equipment. I wouldn't have it if it wasn't.

$240, Rogue bar (from rogue with shipping costs its ~290, has a lifetime warranty against bending or collars coming off).

$70 or $35 each, 2 stall mats 4x6x3/4 (these are the real deal not the wussy 3/8 thick ones, paid 100 for them from a local equestrian supply store). I also have a 3.5x6 piece of plywood I used for a lifting platform that you can have if you buy the stall mats.

$180 200 pounds of bumper plates from functional equipment, a local vendor, 2x45s 2x25s, 4x15s I also made a wooden floor rack for them that you can have if you buy the bumpers.

$200 350 pounds of metal plates with a plate rack, 2x45 4x35 3x25 2x10 4x5 2x2.5. these aren't crappy rusted plates, a combination of 2 different sets, all but 3 of these plates look practically new.

$120 squat rack, powerline pss60x, good rack easy to move around and can use it for squat, bench, standing press, etc.

$45 amber sports flat bench, got it for $60 offline, has a good weight capacity.

$90 rogue rpg system which is a pullup bar and metal rings which are both hung with straps (off the rogue website with shipping costs it would be ~130)

$30 Everlast 2x6 folding exercise mat for doing situps and ab stuff

I have a big tire, not the huge tractor tires, this one is 115 pounds and 3.5 feet across and 10 inches wide if anyone wants that as well I can throw it in for cheap. I used to use it for some high intensity tire flips or stand inside it, pick it up, and walk with it for a farmers carry. There's also a slit in the side so you can loop some rope through and use it for sled drags.

I've also got all the little things, chalk bucket, 1 pound of chalk, handheld whiteboard for writing your workouts, a bunch of dry erase markers, velcro wrist wraps, a few rolls of athletic tape, all that stuff that I can throw in for a couple bucks if any one wants them.

If your interested in any of the equipment just pm me about it or send me an email at seanmglidden@gmail.com and I can send you pictures of anything on the list and give you more info if you'd like.

If you want to buy all of it or multiple pieces I'd be willing to shave a little off the price.

Keep in mind this stuff is tax free, as well as the fact that you wont pay shipping on it so your saving some good money. I'll even consider driving it to you if need be.

Thanks for any consideration folks.

Sean Glidden
Old 07-15-2011, 11:59 PM   #2
Steve Bray

Profile:
Re: Selling my garage gym, anyone in/near the OC need equipment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Glidden View Post
I regretfully post this selling my entire garage gym. The reason is because of a recent diagnosis of my knee pain being a lack of cartilage left in my knee and with 2 surgeries, and 4 cycles of physical therapy behind me being only 20 years old I hate to admit it but I cant keep this up. Crossfit has been such a wonderful thing in my life for the year that I was able to do it but it has proven too strenuous on my knee to continue. While I will continue to use Crossfit mentality and philosophy in my workouts, I will no longer be able to use pretty much all of my home gym equipment (the doctor said no more stressful or heavy impact activities, so no big lifts, oly lifts, squats, wall ball, etc.). But enough about my sad life, my purpose in this post is to put my equipment up for sale. I've got pretty much anything and everything you could need if your considering setting up a garage gym or if you run an affiliate in or near orange county and just need some extra equipment. I got all of this stuff back in march and I've spent half the time since then finishing up a semester of college in San Diego so it is all quite new and has seen little use. I figured I'd offer it to the community before I put this stuff up on craigslist. I'll consider offers but I think the prices are pretty fair considering how little use the equipment has all seen, feel free to make me an offer though. I've already accepted the fact that I'm going to lose a few hundred bucks on all this, I'm not out to rip anyone off I just want to get some of my money back, my home gym was a huge investment for me, please understand. Here's a list of the equipment and asking prices.

I researched all the equipment I bought before hand, it's all reliable and good value equipment. I wouldn't have it if it wasn't.

$240, Rogue bar (from rogue with shipping costs its ~290, has a lifetime warranty against bending or collars coming off).

$70 or $35 each, 2 stall mats 4x6x3/4 (these are the real deal not the wussy 3/8 thick ones, paid 100 for them from a local equestrian supply store). I also have a 3.5x6 piece of plywood I used for a lifting platform that you can have if you buy the stall mats.

$180 200 pounds of bumper plates from functional equipment, a local vendor, 2x45s 2x25s, 4x15s I also made a wooden floor rack for them that you can have if you buy the bumpers.

$200 350 pounds of metal plates with a plate rack, 2x45 4x35 3x25 2x10 4x5 2x2.5. these aren't crappy rusted plates, a combination of 2 different sets, all but 3 of these plates look practically new.

$120 squat rack, powerline pss60x, good rack easy to move around and can use it for squat, bench, standing press, etc.

$45 amber sports flat bench, got it for $60 offline, has a good weight capacity.

$90 rogue rpg system which is a pullup bar and metal rings which are both hung with straps (off the rogue website with shipping costs it would be ~130)

$30 Everlast 2x6 folding exercise mat for doing situps and ab stuff

I have a big tire, not the huge tractor tires, this one is 115 pounds and 3.5 feet across and 10 inches wide if anyone wants that as well I can throw it in for cheap. I used to use it for some high intensity tire flips or stand inside it, pick it up, and walk with it for a farmers carry. There's also a slit in the side so you can loop some rope through and use it for sled drags.

I've also got all the little things, chalk bucket, 1 pound of chalk, handheld whiteboard for writing your workouts, a bunch of dry erase markers, velcro wrist wraps, a few rolls of athletic tape, all that stuff that I can throw in for a couple bucks if any one wants them.

If your interested in any of the equipment just pm me about it or send me an email at seanmglidden@gmail.com and I can send you pictures of anything on the list and give you more info if you'd like.

If you want to buy all of it or multiple pieces I'd be willing to shave a little off the price.

Keep in mind this stuff is tax free, as well as the fact that you wont pay shipping on it so your saving some good money. I'll even consider driving it to you if need be.

Thanks for any consideration folks.

Sean Glidden
wanna drive to australia?
|Deadlift 220kgs|Strict press 75kgs|squat 162.5kgs|pullups 67|477 double unders|26rounds cindy| 2:28 Fran|6:08 annie|12 rnd NATE|full snatch 95kg|C+J 110kg|
Old 07-16-2011, 03:34 AM   #3
Sean Glidden

Profile:

If only Steve haha

I just thought of this now but I'll update in posts what equipment is still available as stuff gets bought so that you guys will know what I've got left.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #4
Cachaulo Vanlaanen

Profile:

I'm in San diego and will buy most of your equipment. I'm out of town this week but pm me your phone number and we can discuss the details. Thanks
Old 07-17-2011, 04:48 PM   #5
Noah Drew

Profile:

I'm also intrested in all of it. I would love some pictures sent to my email at ace_822@yahoo.com.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:28 PM   #6
Sean Glidden

Profile:

Hey Noah, i sent you an email with details on the equipment and what not in case you see this first.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:50 AM   #7
David Chavez

Profile:

If anything is available still..shoot me a PM. I'm in San Diego and can pick up.
(looking at Squat rack, bumpers, stall mats)

Dave
Old 07-20-2011, 06:01 PM   #8
Sean Glidden

Profile:

PM sent David
Old 07-23-2011, 06:19 PM   #9
Sean Glidden

Profile:

Ok, I just sold the bumpers but everything else is still available.