CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 08-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #11
Tom Lau

Profile:
Re: Mom of 2 No Fitness Background 10 Months In

Success! Congrats!
Old 08-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #12
Glenn Plomchok

Profile:

Holy smokes...you look great. Keep it up!
Old 08-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #13
Kim Thornton

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin G King View Post
Attached are some pics of me from a recent off site WOD at the beach, and 1of me at heaviest. The beach shots show my body after 10 months of Crossfit at Monroe County Crossfit with improved diet.

I can't believe that this is my body. MY body after a 30 year sedentary lifestyle, never playing sports, exercising, or even attending gym in high school for that matter. I am a mother of a 5 and 4 year old that I had by caesarian. In 2010 following a divorce in a difficult time of my life I was the heaviest not relating to pregnancy that I had ever been. I dropped 20 pounds quickly in 2011 by consuming less than 1500 calories a day with increased normal physical activity (like going for walks) but remained flabby. I started crossfit in September 2011. I quickly gained 10 pounds, eating more than I ever had, while dropping a pant size.

But... that is the least of what Crossfit has done for me. It has brought about a continuous overhauling of my spirit thatís value far exceeds the physical manifestations. I am in a constant evolution. Everything has changed. Every day Crossfit challenges me to be better at the box and in my life as a whole. I am not yet where I'd like to be as an athlete but I am on the path. This is my body and ME after under a year of Crossfit... Can't wait to see what year 2 looks like.
Awesome job! Congrats!
Old 09-20-2012, 04:01 AM   #14
Jessica Lietz

Profile:

Hi Erin!

Wow.....that's amazing! Just 10 months? I'm doing CF since May and am nowhere near such an amazing body!! But I also know that I'm not strickt enough when it comes to food (have to be more severe when it comes to sweets!)

What kind of improved diet did you follow the last 10 months? Maybe I can adapt it for me as well, or at least adapt some parts of it.
I try to switch to Paleo but I'm definitely not willing to cut out dairy.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #15
Erin G King

Profile:

Jessica, I'm around 80% Paleo. I've done the 21 Day Sugar Detox which was really hard but I felt great. I have found that I am better off when I have very limited dairy (occasional ice cream and cream in my coffee) and little/no grains. I also try to eat organic veggies and organic meat/grass fed beef. My body does not like it when I put food from a box in it but I struggle to keep away. I have to constantly remind myself of my fitness goals. I want to be great, I want to feel good. Sometimes the desire to eat junk wins, but I just have to keep trying. My diet changes have come piecemeal. I get strict and slip but my experience has been that little new habits stick each time.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #16
Joshua Rousey

Profile:

I know this thread is old and im reviving it but I couldnt help but look at you and realize that hard work really does pay off. congrats
Old 08-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #17
Guadalupe Camacho

Profile:

My hero! You're amazing
Old 02-18-2014, 04:19 PM   #18
Jennifer K. Albright-Tomlinson

Profile:
Smile Re: Mom of 2 No Fitness Background 10 Months In

You look WONDERFUL!! What an inspiration you are! Thank you so much for sharing this with us. May I ask you a question re: abs? Did you do any specific exercise to target your abdominal area (which looks awesome btw,) or did you just follow the WODs?

Thank you so much!
Old 03-20-2014, 06:23 AM   #19
Miles Roberts

Profile:

Awesome job! Looking great!