CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 09-23-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
Michelle Stafford

Profile:
I love CrossFit, Let the challenge begin!!!!

Hello Fellow CrossFit friends,

I have been CrossFitting for several months and wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I have read many of your discussions, which have truly helped me alone my journey and decided it time I get involved as well, in terms of supporting the community and sharing in the craziness of bliss.

Let me tell you, I LOVE CrossFit with a passion, it fits me to a tee. I feel as though I have found my calling and itís crazy exciting!!! I have always been an actively physically fit person, focused on health and fitness. I love pushing myself to the brink and then coming back for more. I believe life is a challenge and itís up to you to meet those challenges head on and full of might.

I agree, you have to posses a crazy gene to do CrossFit, you have to love pain, envy the suck and push through your own self doubt and fears. CrossFit truly challenges you as a person inside and out, it allows you to conquer things you would have never thought possible inside and outside of the gym, or wherever else you train.

I love my job as a Deputy Sheriff, itís challenging and new every day, presenting challenges of the unknown, which only focuses you to adapt and overcome, thus making you stronger than ever and more mentally prepared for all that life throws your way. I truly believe my passion lies with CrossFit, Iím going full tilt, I will learn the methodology and the foundations and principles of which this community and organization is based upon, I will master the lifts, empty the tank and strive for more. I want to be a team member, become a trainer, then a coach, compete at the games and develop affiliates throughout.

I love this community and this organization, my goals are to become proficient in all categories and prepare for the unknown challenges that CrossFit bestows upon us as athletes, individuals and as a community. Iím excited, I want to teach, train, compete and help others grow within themselves. Iím excited, so let the challenge begin, let the journey begin, Iím ready to work harder than ever and give more than ever to succeed, with the goal to be one of the many influential members of this community and help others obtain such happiness and success from such a strong community and organization.

I'm one of those crazy driven people who live by all or nothing, I can only do something one way, which 200%. I look forward to many discussions as we all learn together while on our journey.

Thanks Everyone,

Michelle
Old 09-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
Clarence Red

Profile:
Re: I love CrossFit, Let the challenge begin!!!!

Good luck to you. I hope you reach all of your goals!
Old 09-25-2012, 08:29 AM   #3
John C Corona

Profile:

Welcome to the boards! Have you been to Crossfit Palm Bay, or workout at home? There's tons of LEO at CFPB, you'll feel at home. I workout in the pm, come in and we'll lift. Regardless of where you train...good luck meeting your goals. Nice posture.

Last edited by John C Corona : 09-25-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
Michelle Stafford

Profile:
Smile Re: I love CrossFit, Let the challenge begin!!!!

Quote:
Welcome to the boards! Have you been to Crossfit Palm Bay, or workout at home? There's tons of LEO at CFPB, you'll feel at home. I workout in the pm, come in and we'll lift. Regardless of where you train...good luck meeting your goals. Nice posture.
I have been crossfitting like a crazy woman out of my garage, slowly gathering equipment piece by piece. I have a strong background in strength training / physical fitness and have been utilizing the Crossfit Home Page and Crossfit Journal for guidance and resources.

I actually live two minutes from Crossfit Palm Bay and have visited their website, I will eventually join a box, but right now I'm using my garage as my sweat box and having a blast. But I can't wait to join a Box, I love the Crossfit community, so I'm sure you'll be seeing me. Have you been to Maverick Crossfit?

Thanks for the encouragement and hope to see ya soon
Old 09-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
John C Corona

Profile:

Cool. I too have a full working gym in my garage. More convienient huh. I did teach myself a lot of stuff too before going to CFPB, but if you want Olympic lifting instruction, going to an affiliate is where that side of crossfit would get better. CFPB website is basically non existent. I am a trainer at CFPB, but dont typically run the foundations. Once you're thru foundations, I can work with you on the oly lifts if you wanted...otherwise the group classes dont do much lifting, as we follow the mainsite.

I am actually going to Maverick tommorrow to get down with some friends that use to go to PB. In Novemeber, Maverick is having an olympic lifting seminar with Oly Coach Camargo from Altamonte Springs CF, be sure to sign up for that. I'll try and remember to send you a PM if I see the sign up page first.

Cool, later. JC
Old 09-25-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
Michelle Stafford

Profile:

Quote:
Cool. I too have a full working gym in my garage. More convienient huh. I did teach myself a lot of stuff too before going to CFPB, but if you want Olympic lifting instruction, going to an affiliate is where that side of crossfit would get better. CFPB website is basically non existent. I am a trainer at CFPB, but dont typically run the foundations. Once you're thru foundations, I can work with you on the oly lifts if you wanted...otherwise the group classes dont do much lifting, as we follow the mainsite.

I am actually going to Maverick tommorrow to get down with some friends that use to go to PB. In Novemeber, Maverick is having an olympic lifting seminar with Oly Coach Camargo from Altamonte Springs CF, be sure to sign up for that. I'll try and remember to send you a PM if I see the sign up page first.
That would be great, I'm there for the seminar. I need to develop a strong foundation for the Olympic lifts, that is so crucial for success and progress within Crossfit, so it won't be long before I join a box. I'm going to need someone watching and correcting, there is only so much you can teach yourself. I want to develop more of the strength aspect as well. Not to mention I love moving weight!!!!

Thanks again and I'm sure I'll see ya soon.

Michelle