CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 09-24-2012, 06:21 AM   #41
Glenn Plomchok

Profile:
Re: nervous as hell!!!!

Keep up the great work. What is really cool is you'll look back on these WOD's in a couple months and see how far you've come and it will be very gratifying.

Again, great work!
Old 09-24-2012, 06:32 AM   #42
Matt A. Windsor

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Amoroso View Post
Steve, I read this thread because it interested me..... you inspire me. I need to post in another thread though because I just started and haven't finished drinking the koolaid yet. haha Still not sure if this is for me. :/
I usually tell people to give it a month. Our coaches said the same thing - they took some benchmarks (bench press, squat, front squat, clean, clean & jerk, and so on) maybe a week after I started, and then a month after that.

In ALL of those areas, I'd made huge gains (185 to 245 bench, 185 to 275 squat, 135 to 165 front squat, 115 to 145 clean & jerk, etc.) In one month, doing maybe 2 to 3 WODs a week. That was enough for me.

Still going strong too - despite a sore Achilles tendon and shoulder surgery 3 months ago, my front squat is now 225, back squat is 315 (new PR today), clean & jerk is 185, clean is 205, and bench is 265.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #43
Steve Higgins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Amoroso View Post
Steve, I read this thread because it interested me..... you inspire me. I need to post in another thread though because I just started and haven't finished drinking the koolaid yet. haha Still not sure if this is for me. :/
Kathy, I never thought I would inspire someone when I started this thread. Thats really good to hear and motivating for me. Give it some time though. from what ive seen and heard in my very short time doing this, Its for everyone. In the classes ive been to so far ive seen every kind of person doing this. Good luck and hope you stick with it. The koolaid tastes sooo good lol.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #44
Steve Higgins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Plomchok View Post
Keep up the great work. What is really cool is you'll look back on these WOD's in a couple months and see how far you've come and it will be very gratifying.

Again, great work!
Thats my motivation. I want so bad to be there looking back saying "man I cant believe that 400m warm up run wiped me out so bad before". It forces me to compete with myself and thats what I have always lacked in my workouts.