CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 05-31-2005, 08:46 PM   #41
Matt Gagliardi

Profile:
Well, I wasn't pushing for speed, that's for sure. I'll give it another go as soon as I've ditched this freaking congestion issue and let you know how it turns out. Where's Eugene at?
Old 05-31-2005, 08:49 PM   #42
Eric Moffit

Profile:
yeah, i was wondering where anyone besides for us two was at?!? where have all the CrossFit swimmers gone? have the effects of CFJ 31 already disintegrated??
Old 06-01-2005, 08:12 AM   #43
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
Here I am. You guys are out of the pool and in the shower before I finish. I did 11:10 this morning so I'm a couple minutes behind...my God, do you just have no use for air? I'm the big frog in my pool with my SWAT buds, I'm a tadpole to your times.

Water work is hard...but so is CrossFit. You need a pool...but they are certainly available to most people. Time maybe? Not sure why this is such a small club but we seem to have found a very under-poplated niche.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:19 AM   #44
Matt Gagliardi

Profile:
Yeah Eugene, I'm not sure why we don't see more aquafolks around here. It's a little more understandable from us here in the flyover zone...I swear I doubt 15% of the people here in Memphis really know how to swim. But I figure with the strong west coast presence of CF we'd see a few more swimmers.

Then again...swimming is one of those non-weight-bearing things. You can be an incredibly fit swimmer and a total wuss in the weightroom, so I wonder if we (the CF we) scare some of 'em off. Plus you've got your triathlon crew that "doesn't have time" for anything other than swim, bike or run.

That's OK...you, me and Eric can handle the weight. And yes...air is over-rated. I learned that sucking wind in the WODs.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:07 PM   #45
Eric Moffit

Profile:
haHAA...just got the new Journal, and theres an article about swimming. maybe we'll have some more friends to play with at the pool.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:38 PM   #46
Eric Moffit

Profile:
i dont know if it has anything to do with my hypoxic swims (ive only done it twice), but i noticed i was barely breathing on the mile run today. it was kind of surreal...like, if a bodybuilder attempted a CF workout...hed probably be plenty strong but would be lacking in other areas of fitness. this is how i felt but with my breathing. breathing was my anti-limiting factor, so to speak. i think i just discovered another secret the government is trying to hide.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:06 PM   #47
Eric Moffit

Profile:
haha...

for time:
20x25y underwater no-breathers w/o fins

time: 17:25

...and i didnt really get comfortable until ~7. im guessing i could at least get it in 16-something if i warmed up properly.

Matt and Eugene, THE GAUNTLET HAS BEEN CAST!!!
Old 06-02-2005, 08:14 PM   #48
Matt Gagliardi

Profile:
My sinus infection is almost gone. I should be able to give it another run Friday or Saturday. I'm going to beat you E...even if I have to drown to do it.

Just for giggles...I'm after something in the 15:30 range.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:20 PM   #49
Eric Moffit

Profile:
hahaha...i feel like this is an evolutionary joke...who loves life more than winning by not breathing? or maybe its like Highlander...'there can be only ONE!!'
Old 06-02-2005, 08:40 PM   #50
Matt Gagliardi

Profile:
I may be the most competitive person on this planet man...if anyone would kill himself (indirectly of course) just to win it'd be me.