CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 06-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #7091
Daniel Frankel

Profile:
Re: Seen at the globo yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Swartz View Post
What if I can curl more than you can squat?
Then you, my friend, are allowed to curl in the squat rack.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #7092
Nathan Schnur

Profile:

Overheard this: "I'm strong enough to do pullups, but I just dont have the balance"........what?!
Old 06-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #7093
Pearse Shields

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Schnur View Post
Overheard this: "I'm strong enough to do pullups, but I just dont have the balance"........what?!
Obviously needs more BOSU work.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #7094
Nicholas Wheeler

Profile:

This seemed like the most relevant place to put this - http://www.ehow.com/slideshow_122174...great-gym.html Why in the crap does stuff like this exist - for those not wanting to click (WFS btw), here's what you are missing

Quote:
8 Ways to Look Great at the Gym
1. Don a Bandana
A bandana wrapped around your head isn't just there for looks, though it does make a gym outfit cuter. Use a bandana -- or a sweat band -- to keep both hair and sweat out of your eyes while you get your cardio on.

2. Utilize Color
Who says you need to wear all black, white or gray at the gym? Employ your favorite color the next time you get dressed for a workout session. You can wear a colorful top, bottom or even shoe.

3. Show Off Your Bod
If you've worked hard for your body, don't hesitate to show it off with a sports bra and spandex shorts. In addition to looking good and feeling great, your body will stay cooler than it would in a baggy T-shirt and shorts.

4. Wear Street-Turned-Sportswear
Clothing companies that fashion sportswear know that women like to look and feel great while they're at the gym. Some offer workout wear that actually looks like street wear, like this shirt. Such clothing absorbs sweat and keeps everything in place while still looking cute.

5. Bring a Towel
Don't forget your gym towel when you go to the gym. Use it to dry yourself off -- keeping sweat at bay and you looking your best -- and wipe off any equipment you use. It's common courtesy at the gym to clean the machines when you're finished with them.

6. Avoid Bunching
Wear yoga pants or spandex leggings to show off muscular legs. In addition, the stretchy garment clings to your body and won't bunch like shorts do -- talk about uncomfortable and unattractive. Yoga pants also come in handy during an outdoor workout during the cooler months.

7. Sport a Jacket
Bring a sports jacket or other form of cover-up with you when heading to the gym. You'll be able to cover up post-workout for a pulled-together look you'll be thankful for if you're only wearing a sports bra or if it's cold outside.

8. Keep Your Hair Up
Wear your hair up and off your face at the gym. This prevents sweat from soaking your hair, making post-gym freshening up a lot easier. Secure a chignon bun with a soft scrunchy for a low-maintenance look.
Who seriously reads/uses this garbage!?
Old 06-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #7095
Jeremy Galo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Wheeler View Post
Who seriously reads/uses this garbage!?
I don't know... but if it's telling ladies to wear yoga pants, I wouldn't complain.

Last edited by Jeremy Galo : 06-15-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #7096
Pearse Shields

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Galo View Post
I don't know... but if it's telling ladies to wear yoga pants, I wouldn't complain.
Depends upon the lady in question.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #7097
Kim Thornton

Profile:

This was at my company gym. While preparing for a weightlifting competition (essentially a bench press comp), one of the other team members asked me about crossfit. He predominantly benches and curls, no squats as he told me. After giving him a general description of the things we do at our box (lifts, run, jump, strongman type stuff, barbell club, etc.) he tells me, "That's too much cardio. I know I have a "fuel tank" (patting his belly), but I would rather be fatter and push more weight than lean out and lose strength. I've noticed that as winter approaches my strength goes down. I think it's because there's less sun...so I'm gonna tan all winter to keep my strength up."

Huh? I'm confused when does fat=strong and tan=strong? Am I missing something here?
Old 06-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #7098
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Thornton View Post
This was at my company gym. While preparing for a weightlifting competition (essentially a bench press comp), one of the other team members asked me about crossfit. He predominantly benches and curls, no squats as he told me. After giving him a general description of the things we do at our box (lifts, run, jump, strongman type stuff, barbell club, etc.) he tells me, "That's too much cardio. I know I have a "fuel tank" (patting his belly), but I would rather be fatter and push more weight than lean out and lose strength. I've noticed that as winter approaches my strength goes down. I think it's because there's less sun...so I'm gonna tan all winter to keep my strength up."

Huh? I'm confused when does fat=strong and tan=strong? Am I missing something here?
That is greatness, here I was lifting heavy and eatting loads. I just need to tan more and I guess you just cook the strength right in there.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #7099
Pearse Shields

Profile:

So that's why the dudes from Jersey Shore are so super strong... They have tans!
Old 06-20-2012, 05:20 AM   #7100
Todd L Crawford

Profile:

I'm moving my office outside - I can skip my workouts.