CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 11-18-2008, 11:21 AM   #1
Andrey Lvovskiy

Profile:
We buy junk and sell antiques!

Hi everybody -

I decided it's time to get my workout program more organized, or at least more documented. So, I'm starting this blog to put down workouts, times, and simply random thoughts re fitness. I'm new to Crossfit, so comments are certainly appreciated.

So, yesterday's "Helen": 17.41 total. Didn't get rounds breakdown. Last two rounds had to break pull-ups and swings into 10-5 and 14-7 series, because my forearms really hurt. Should mention that 1. I ran 500 meters, and it goes up and down the hill, and 2. my pull-up station is about 50 meters way from where I did kettlebell swings.

I was pretty tired after the workout, it took me about 5 min to get my breathing. Also I did it around 8 pm, and last time I ate was 1 pm. However, I can't say that my muscle were sore or are sore now. I feel my legs and my forearms, but overall the effect on my muscles is pretty mild. I should say that was the case with all workouts I did recently:
1. ran 3 miles in 18.40 min
2. did 4 rounds on 50 squats/500 meters ran, about 16 min
3. did 3 rounds of 21 kettlebell swings, 21 burpees, 12 slam balls, 12 medicine ball jump push-ups, 5 inversions.
I wonder why is that.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:45 PM   #2
Andrey Lvovskiy

Profile:
Re: We buy junk and sell antiques!

Didn't work out yesterday because went for beers with a friend. However, looking forward to doing "Nicole" today. Also will do some stretching, 100 slamballs and 100 defense moves.

I bought an agility ladder and really would like to try it, but that has to wait until the weekend, I don't want to do it in the dark.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:48 PM   #3
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey Lvovskiy View Post
Didn't work out yesterday because went for beers with a friend.
Dude-
That has to be one of the most honest posts I've ever read!

Have a great time with Nicole!

Old 11-19-2008, 03:11 PM   #4
Andrey Lvovskiy

Profile:

The cheapest way to buy a power rope I found so far:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MANIL...ssoriesQ5fGear

It looks like 50 ft will cost $63.5 and additional $14.65 for shipping.

Hmm... Power rope or second 1.5 pood kettlebell?
Old 11-20-2008, 07:35 AM   #5
Andrey Lvovskiy

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Dunston View Post
Dude-
That has to be one of the most honest posts I've ever read!

Have a great time with Nicole!

Thanks, man. Nicole was fun, although I should say that doing it at 9.30 pm wasn't easy - it was damn cold outside; I've eaten already and was a bit sleepy and slow. Couldn't do it earlier though because my son engaged me for railroad construction right after I got home from work.
Anyway, pull-ups:
(the clock beeped when I just began the sixth cycle, did only 3 pull-ups there so I guess it doesn't count). So, 62 total. Nothing to be proud of but hey, I'll get better. 100 slamballs after that was fun. Prior to Nicole, did 10 min of jump rope and shadow boxing, with and without weights.

Slept for good 7.5 hours, with one short break. My son woke me up around 5 pm when he went to our bed. Apparently he got cold, got up, left his room with intention to find us, but in the corridor he got scared and started crying. So I went and put him up and put him in our bed between my wife and me. He pushed close me me and immediately went back to sleep, and so did I because he is so warm and sleeps so serenely.

Still not sore.

This morning, did a bit of stretching, 10 butt raises, 10 wheel rolls, 10 push-ups and 20 defense moves.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:53 AM   #6
Andrey Lvovskiy

Profile:

Rest day - did:
- 30 ab-mat sit-ups
- 20 butt raises
- 20 wheel rolls
- 20 defense moves
- 30 med ball switch push-ups
- 40 slam balls
- 12 burpees
- about 5 min of shadow boxing and jump rope. Just got my new Everlast speed jump rope, it's nice, although it is too long for me, and if I try to shorten it it doesn't swing well anymore. Or well...

Probably won't run 5k today, postpone it until the weekend. Need to do something with weights today...