CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 10-14-2009, 02:26 PM   #11
Andrew Thompson

Profile:
Re: You know you love meat when....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post
You go to Smas club and several people comment on whats in your cart

"You have enough stuff in there for an epic BBQ, can I come?"

Nope no BBQ, just stuff for me. For next week.

Thats when they start to step back. Can't tell if it's shock or fear that I haven;t eaten recently and might go all Donner party on their grain fed asses.
My wife will go shopping for the week at Trader Joe's and get comments like "feeding an army?", or "having a BBQ?" etc..

When she says "no, just my husband and son" (who is only 16 months old) she gets funny looks.

They'll say "Well they'll be set for a awhile then". She says "Nope just a week." More funny looks.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:39 PM   #12
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

Joe,

Only the bacon explosions (we used 15 lbs of bacon to make 6 bacon explosions, thanks Renee) came from the store. I believe Jay bought all of his meat at a farm, not sure though.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:17 PM   #13
Jay Cohen

Profile:

Quote:

Thats when they start to step back.
You should be use to that reaction, i.e common folk, girls, business types, heck, you even scare me every so often

That's one reason you were sleeping in the woods, I was sleeping with a bacon explosion, ready to toss at you, IF you got through my locked door, past both dogs, and my Ninja cat.

On a side note, sleeping with a bacon explosion is mentally comforting and beats ZMA, hands down.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:16 PM   #14
Joe Bernard

Profile:

Quote:
Joe,

Only the bacon explosions (we used 15 lbs of bacon to make 6 bacon explosions, thanks Renee) came from the store. I believe Jay bought all of his meat at a farm, not sure though.
Oh ok, still, buying 15lbs of bacon must have gotten some looks. I definitely need to make a bacon explosion soon, I haven't had one yet (a sin, I know).
Old 10-14-2009, 07:19 PM   #15
Renee Lee

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bernard View Post
Oh ok, still, buying 15lbs of bacon must have gotten some looks. I definitely need to make a bacon explosion soon, I haven't had one yet (a sin, I know).
actually...it was very funny. i picked up the bacon for the explosions while jamie was at work.

in my sam's club carriage:

15lbs of bacon
a box of blackberries
avocados
salsa
Old 10-14-2009, 07:48 PM   #16
Steven Holm

Profile:

How about when you dream about it? Seriously, I dreamt family was making me go veg. so I went all Hulk-smash on a toyota and slaughtered a bison by the freeway with a spear...I'm hungry
Old 10-15-2009, 08:07 AM   #17
Gwyneddh Jones

Profile:

. . . . when one of your fondest memories of growing up revolves around raw meat.

Ever since I was a little kid, I have loved the taste of raw red meat. I sincerely believe that cooking it ruins the texture and taste. If I'm in a fancy restaurant, I jump all over the carpaccio or steak tartar.

So here's the memory:

I was probably about eleven, it was summer, and my mom was grilling hamburgers. Whenever she did this, there would be this big bowl of raw hamburger meat sitting the kitchen, mixed up with soy sauce, garlic, and onions. YUM. When no one was looking, I would sneak little handfuls of it. That day, my mom caught me red-handed at it and I thought I was going to catch all hell for eating raw meat and possibly giving myself food poisoning, but instead my mom smiled, said "Aw, @$*! it," and ate some, too, and we just stood there in the kitchen laughing and eating raw meat together.

Turned out my mom shared my love of raw meat and had always hidden it to avoid setting a poor example for me.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:10 AM   #18
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

Jay,

One things I've learned: Never mess with a ninja cat when a bacon explosion is involved. THe physical therapy took months.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:53 PM   #19
Joe Bernard

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee Lee View Post
actually...it was very funny. i picked up the bacon for the explosions while jamie was at work.

in my sam's club carriage:

15lbs of bacon
a box of blackberries
avocados
salsa
Nice, it's always funny when you have one or two items in your cart that are completely opposite of the others. Yesterday I had alot of fruits and veggies, some eggs and a rotisserie pork loin; and then a tub of cookie dough and a pint of B&J cinnamon bun ice cream. Man raw cookie is crack
Old 10-20-2009, 12:51 PM   #20
Christy Labrie

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyneddh Jones View Post
So here's the memory:

I was probably about eleven, it was summer, and my mom was grilling hamburgers. Whenever she did this, there would be this big bowl of raw hamburger meat sitting the kitchen, mixed up with soy sauce, garlic, and onions. YUM. When no one was looking, I would sneak little handfuls of it. That day, my mom caught me red-handed at it and I thought I was going to catch all hell for eating raw meat and possibly giving myself food poisoning, but instead my mom smiled, said "Aw, @$*! it," and ate some, too, and we just stood there in the kitchen laughing and eating raw meat together.
When you get a little mistyeyed at this story?

I find that I have started liking mine rarer and rarer. I also got very excited that I got volunteered to work at another office--They have Moody's Meats right next door- an amazing butcher that will sell me bulk meat portioned out for a 1 chick meal (a hungry chick). uuummmm
Today I had a portobella burger for lunch and tonight I am having their "chicken drops" (?) it is 1/2 chicken breast wrapped in bacon with a BBQ seasoning on it.

--One more: When get a little teritorial with your "good meat" and serve the regular stuff when you cook for your BF.