CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 11-06-2009, 12:29 PM   #291
Christy Labrie

Profile:
Re: Crossfit womanliness

Crossfit Ladies also want Crossfit men!
I would love to have my fiancee do CF with me. I think it would be hot to no end. I am super jealous of the couples we have in our CF group.

But, he has had some major shoulder surgery and still has some troubles with them (damn wrestling!).
Think I should push him to try? Part of me thinks that if he can build up the muscles around his shoulders he would have less troubles? Maybe I am just hopefull.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:39 AM   #292
Marissa Owens

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy Rutherford View Post
Crossfit Ladies also want Crossfit men!
I would love to have my fiancee do CF with me. I think it would be hot to no end. I am super jealous of the couples we have in our CF group.

But, he has had some major shoulder surgery and still has some troubles with them (damn wrestling!).
Think I should push him to try? Part of me thinks that if he can build up the muscles around his shoulders he would have less troubles? Maybe I am just hopefull.
I have the same problem with my boyfriend. He is a golfer, so his "exercise" is geared toward improving his golf game, although he was really athletic when he was younger (college basketball player, played baseball, soccer, tennis in high school). I brought him to CF once and he was sore for a good 5-7 days and it threw off his golf game so badly that he never went back. I'm hoping now that it's getting colder and he can't golf I can convince him to come with me and build up his stamina and strength so that the whole sore for 5 days thing doesn't happen anymore by the time the golf season starts up again.

One can only hope...
Old 11-07-2009, 09:24 AM   #293
Jeff Stanek

Profile:

Stagnant women are boring. CrossFitters != stagnant.

Maybe if we could help our generation redefine womanliness with an association to CrossFit. I'm in.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:22 AM   #294
Joe Bernard

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissa Owens View Post
I have the same problem with my boyfriend. He is a golfer, so his "exercise" is geared toward improving his golf game, although he was really athletic when he was younger (college basketball player, played baseball, soccer, tennis in high school). I brought him to CF once and he was sore for a good 5-7 days and it threw off his golf game so badly that he never went back. I'm hoping now that it's getting colder and he can't golf I can convince him to come with me and build up his stamina and strength so that the whole sore for 5 days thing doesn't happen anymore by the time the golf season starts up again.

One can only hope...
Have him do only 2-3 workouts a week during the golf season. I am a competitve golfer as well and when I started CF, it was July (2007) and the heart of the season. I normally did three workouts and unless the WOD was something intense like Linda or Murph, the workouts didn't affect my game too much. The next summer, I was able to do 3-5 workouts and feel fine, so have him build up the amount of WODs he does.

I see you're from NY, you're in trouble then because you guys have heated carts up there; you can play all year round. My uncles live in NY and have golfed while it was snowing, they are somewhat insane lol. They played on Christmas and New Years last year and even though the temp was in the 20s, the cart was 70. Must be nice.

Last edited by Joe Bernard : 11-07-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #295
David Meverden

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissa Owens View Post

One can only hope...
Marissa, this may be helpful: CrossFit Journal article a golf pro on a cruise ship wrote: http://journal.crossfit.com/2009/04/ship-shape.tpl (WFS) [spoiler! CrossFit made his golf game get better!]

Good exerpt:

"After doing CrossFit for a year, learning all the moves, doing the best I can in WODs and just getting generally, non-specifically more fit, it hit me like a ton of bricks one day: I have been golfing all over the Caribbean for over nine years and played these golf courses many, many times, but have never played like this before. On every course, I knew exactly where my ball would end up after my drives, but I suddenly started hitting the ball in places I have never been."

He's just has to ease in
Old 11-12-2009, 04:44 PM   #296
Joe Bernard

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Meverden View Post
Marissa, this may be helpful: CrossFit Journal article a golf pro on a cruise ship wrote: http://journal.crossfit.com/2009/04/ship-shape.tpl (WFS) [spoiler! CrossFit made his golf game get better!]

Good exerpt:

"After doing CrossFit for a year, learning all the moves, doing the best I can in WODs and just getting generally, non-specifically more fit, it hit me like a ton of bricks one day: I have been golfing all over the Caribbean for over nine years and played these golf courses many, many times, but have never played like this before. On every course, I knew exactly where my ball would end up after my drives, but I suddenly started hitting the ball in places I have never been."

He's just has to ease in
I never knew there was a CFJ concerning golf, thanks for the link.