CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 05-25-2008, 07:19 AM   #11
Michael Slockers

Profile:
Re: hair removal

I was wondering this same thing. But if men are supposed to have hair on them, how can we explain that pretty much every crossfit video shows a hairless man posting amazing times? I thought maybe if I shaved my chest (and head, for that matter, as there area a LOT of shaved-head crossfitters), then maybe I could post some better times!
Old 05-25-2008, 07:50 AM   #12
Brendan Hurd

Profile:

As a man with plenty of chest hair I say let if fly. Im proud of the hair on my chest. You gotta remember, you never "hassel the hoff".
Old 05-25-2008, 08:33 AM   #13
Stephen Smith

Profile:

I'm lucky, tons of chest hair, but 0 back hair. So, I can look manly without scaring people away with a hairy back! Also have the shaved head, but I've had that for 11 years, and only been CF'ing for 1 month. So, do guys shave their heads because they crossfit, or do shaven-headed guys gravitate toward crossfit?
Old 05-25-2008, 12:48 PM   #14
Ben Chapman

Profile:

I just trim it all down on the chest. I do hate it on the back and I get really thick black ones in weird patches on my right shoulder/arm. I don't like it because it is just random so my arms don't match. If I ever permanantly removed any of it, I would go after just the shoulder and arm, maybe the back.

For the record, if you're a dude and not a competitive swimmer, you should NOT be removing leg hair at any time.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:16 PM   #15
Dave Gibbs

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Smith View Post
I'm lucky, tons of chest hair, but 0 back hair. So, I can look manly without scaring people away with a hairy back! Also have the shaved head, but I've had that for 11 years, and only been CF'ing for 1 month. So, do guys shave their heads because they crossfit, or do shaven-headed guys gravitate toward crossfit?
hair retreated a few years back so took it all back to a grade 0. I reckon even if I could ,I would not grow it back because it just makes life generally and working out in particular a lot less hassle.
Every man should sahev his head at least once in his life - it is so liberating.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:27 PM   #16
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Chapman View Post
For the record, if you're a dude and not a competitive swimmer, you should NOT be removing leg hair at any time.
You'd have a tough time convincing many cyclists of that.

- Mark
Old 05-26-2008, 08:27 PM   #17
Richard Hancock

Profile:

I don't think hair has anything to do with your machismo, except if you are Samson. I just want to get rid of some of the hair like I see on other guys when people say, "Gross!"
Old 05-27-2008, 01:19 AM   #18
Cal Jones

Profile:

As a woman, I don't mind chest hair on a man, although a thick rug of back hair is not attractive to me, personally. If you are so adorned, waxing is indeed the best bet for you - it's long lasting and whilst it does, indeed, suck, you won't have to worry about it again for a few weeks. Shaving regrowth looks bad and feels itchy. Don't do that.
I have a little gizmo called an epilator which resembles an electric razor, but actually rips hairs out by the root, much like waxing. It's pretty useful although (as with shaving), unless you're blessed with hyper-flexible shoulders and a neck that can twist like an owl's, it's going to be very hard to epilate your own back. It'd be good for taking care of things you can reach, though, like hairy shoulders and upper arms. And yeah there is some discomfort, but you get used to it.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:19 PM   #19
Simon Bowley

Profile:

Three steps from the cave - that made me laugh out aloud!!!