CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 09-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
Steve Mowery

Profile:
Thank you CrossFit!!

Hello All,

It's been a while since I've posted here but I wanted to share something that I am ecstatic about. Today I reached yet another milestone in my life as a result of being a member of CrossFit. The first is that I hit my 70lbs loss mark about a week ago. My box is doing a paleo challenge and I am doing pretty well with it so far with a 12lbs loss in about 3 weeks. The one thing I am super stoked about is the fact that I can now string together 11 pullups!!!!!!!

I went from this in April:
(SFW) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qc5...&feature=g-upl which in itself was a great accomplishment.

But here I am tonight....
(SFW) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq7x...hannel&list=UL
I am on cloud 9 right now. I can't stop talking about it LOL!

I also have a few other videos on youtube if anyone would take a look at them and critique me I really want some constructive criticism.

Thanks All,
Steve
Old 09-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
John C Corona

Profile:
Re: Thank you CrossFit!!

aaahhhh. Accomplishments, it feels great doesnt it. I remember adding a few reps, every 5 pounds I lost. You will blow thru 20 in a relatively short time, watch! Nice work. Kip looks good. I still think you have a few more in you. Use the power of your body more at the beginning, and take the weight off the arms. Its like, when you got tired, you kipped a little more aggressively, and was able to get more. Well kip aggressively from the start, and save the arms. Also try and resist that pause at the top. But your push off and swing is great, do not take my points as it being a bad kip, I totally didnt mean to critique it. Know you got it down, it's smooooth!!! Great Job!